Dredging in New Mexico

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read a dozen places none allowed--but internet tales not much good-call the enemy,get info and post # and results please for others-John

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
yes you can dredge in large parts of new mexico but you need to have a permit on blm land just like everywhere else.

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i would also like info on new mex. how bout it anybody, any info. blm permit never herd of such a thing, really? not to be a smart ***, i just would like to hear more info. can't find much on new mexico. highdesertranger

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No problem guy, with the crappy weather starting to come in up here in the PacNW I'm going to have a whole lot of time on my hands.

Gramps

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
be sure to check with the blm before you hit the water just to make sure they havnt changed the size limit since july (you never know what those power hungry freaks are going to do from one minute to the next)

up in northern new mexico along the border of colorado is fedral land and some good area for dredging and highbanking check with the local office for more information on rules and closures because of the fires they had there this past summer.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Yes you can dredge.

Yes 4" is the limit.

Yes you need a permit.

Your going to find there is no gold in the locations your allowed to work.

Any place there is gold is protected or not open.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
lol let me know when you are headed up that way and i will give you some info where there is some gold.
gotta find where i put my maps lol

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If anyone dredges some gold, let us know.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread