Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: They have a 4" mini, I think I want a 5" mini

downdeep said:
Doing just fine down here in san Diego. Just living the dream Trying to get a new dredge put together before summer. The snow pack looks weak this year so Im doing a conservative build this year. Maybe go to the 6" next year. Ive pumped that river dry with a 4'' before with years like this so I don't won't to go to big if the river can't support it.
Maybe we will have to run a sample through it this summer.

:thumbsup:
Have my functional 4" too................

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.

kuger said:
downdeep said:
I have the complete original 5 stamp mill , scattered about of coarse.
This is where I was born n raised. 100ft from where the pic was taken.
Yeah lots of work but my navy career may be soon ending involuntarily so free time will be a plenty and hard work is what it is.
You can come join me haha.

I have a small little jaw crusher.....that hand crushing is for the birds......I have done a bunch of it.My crusher isnt a production deal but is great on high grade :thumbsup:...........Braun Lightning jaw crusher,circa 1910 or so..so old and unique the company Bico -Braun had no knowledge or record of it.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dave wiseman said:
kuger said:
downdeep said:
I have the complete original 5 stamp mill , scattered about of coarse.
This is where I was born n raised. 100ft from where the pic was taken.
Yeah lots of work but my navy career may be soon ending involuntarily so free time will be a plenty and hard work is what it is.
You can come join me haha.

I have a small little jaw crusher.....that hand crushing is for the birds......I have done a bunch of it.My crusher isnt a production deal but is great on high grade :thumbsup:...........Braun Lightning jaw crusher,circa 1910 or so..so old and unique the company Bico -Braun had no knowledge or record of it.

Yep,its actually Davo's :laughing7: Jon,Dave is the guy to talk to about Hard rock

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good to know . Ill keep in touch and as summer gets closer Ill get in touch and maybe we can all get together for a little prospecting get together at my place and burn some steaks and kill some beer. I got plenty of room.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

downdeep said:
Good to know . Ill keep in touch and as summer gets closer Ill get in touch and maybe we can all get together for a little prospecting get together at my place and burn some steaks and kill some beer. I got plenty of room.

:thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Go over/under and nuttn' goes nowhere. Kuger I got the old school too but no yellow submarine floats though,they died many years ago. The old school BIG 5" box does make a righteous o/u box as thats whats sittn' under the house now. Just a waitn' for a spot that has enough water to run. Darn dry winter has left my creeks low LOW this year,good storm finally hit but we are OVER 16" SHORT of a good winters rainfall and many many feet short on snow??? :BangHead: need mo'mo'mo' as just could barely dredge the other day :tongue3: tons a au 2 u 2-John

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hoser John said:
Go over/under and nuttn' goes nowhere. Kuger I got the old school too but no yellow submarine floats though,they died many years ago. The old school BIG 5" box does make a righteous o/u box as thats whats sittn' under the house now. Just a waitn' for a spot that has enough water to run. Darn dry winter has left my creeks low LOW this year,good storm finally hit but we are OVER 16" SHORT of a good winters rainfall and many many feet short on snow??? :BangHead: need mo'mo'mo' as just could barely dredge the other day :tongue3: tons a au 2 u 2-John

I hear ya John,the old moose hasnt run in years,since the 13HP. Brigs chit the bed.I still have high hopes for some agua!!I hope we get some or we will washing our ***'s with the chickens!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:headbang: 2-5's or a 8hp run'm fantastic as them ol' 13 are HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ize jus' toooo dmn old to haul them around anymore up/down cliffs-tons a au 2 u 2-John :laughing7:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hoser John said:
:headbang: 2-5's or a 8hp run'm fantastic as them ol' 13 are HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ize jus' toooo dmn old to haul them around anymore up/down cliffs-tons a au 2 u 2-John :laughing7:

LOL!!I hear that!!!

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

scored a really good bolder winch yesterday for 100 bucks. its a 2 ton beebe bro 2 speed hand crank with 125ft of 3/8's cable . Should do the job nicely. Damn thing is heavy though.
If anyone needs a good p280 keene pump and t-80 compressor I may sell mine soon when I get the hp500 pump for my mini 5".

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

Toys are fun. :laughing7:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used

Gadnappit, All these whippersnappers buying all these toys and having all that fun, while I'm a stuck here in Oklahoma. :BangHead:

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nah, just another tool . haha. Summer will be here before we know it and I wanted to get this thing built and tested before I pack it down the canyon. Still gotta make a run up to keene in a month or so to get the hose ,pump, venturi and 4" floats n frame. Then still have to split the frame and make it all fit.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Save 50% on hose costs at Western Industrial supplies in west sac--will look for info asap for ya. Proline much closer and much better build too??? Check on net with their website and prosper --tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I talked to the folk at proline and almost went with their 5" sluice but it was over 1K for just the sluice plus shipping. Keene is pricey too but Ill be up at their shop anyways so I will save the money in shipping cost . Thanks though John

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ops I was thinkn more about the jet and misc supplies though as you specifically atated box being made already-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

soggybottom

Greenie
Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ok im going to show my stupidity here :( and ask what make a dredge a "mini" and what makes one "regular" ?? thanks

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used

Thanks Russau, :BangHead: Now I am paranoid like a dope dealer and a lookin over my shoulder. ::)

Downdeep, It does cost to customize, but the end product will be what you need and want for your specific application. :thumbsup: I used a lot of big words up there, sure hope some of them are spelled right. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mini is just a bigger dredge in a more compact portable frame. Like keene offers a 4" standard with bigger floats , stronger frame bigger sluice they also have a 4" mini , same pump and engine smaller , lighter sluice frame and floats. Im just making my own 5" mini since there isn't one commercially available. It will be a 5" dredge in a 4" frame and float set-up. single 9hp honda hp500 pump

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread