Highbanker/Dredge...Build or Buy????

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, like anything else I've been hooked on I think it's time to make a move to better prospecting. I just lost an ebay bid on a inch and a half highbanker w honda engine, jobe sluice w header box and all the hoses etc. ready to go. Sold for $455. Last 60 sec.and I was outbid buy $5.00. (I hate Ebay). So I need some advice on building or buying a highbanker/ dredge combo. I live in Indiana and expect to do most if not all my prospecting here. Honda would be a first choice because of power, reputation, weight and quiet running. I'm worried that I would soon out grow an 1 1/2 but need to keep size and weight managable, since I have no real partner. Need to hear others who have "been there done that" starting with smaller set ups and now wish they had bigger. When looking at building it seems to me after buy motor/pump, sluice n frame, hoses etc. I'm getting right up there in price to where I could buy say and small new Jobe set up to do what I'm trying to build and possibly home build and modify from there. Any build advice or parties interested in possibly selling a used set up? Added advice on pump/motor setups that run quiet but still do the job?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look around youtube you will find many home made high bankers and dredges...theres a guy in your state that makes 1 from a truck box liner ...im sure in the long run though you will have just as much into the parts as it would be for a used setup...unless you have alot of extra parts and pieces around your garage

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Run a Jobe 2 inch combo I have altered it to my needs and just ordered the parts to make it a 2.5 I have less than $1000.00 including the new nozzle and Hose

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build or buy.... it all depends on your knowledge and experience. If you have been using a highbanker or a dredge for some time, then you should have a firm enough grasp on what you need to consider with the build. If you have never used one, don't even think about it, just buy a used one.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
its so EZ to make IF you have the tools/knowledge/money/time and are willing to wait untill youve worked out the bugs, but like it has been already said, used and not aboused is the way to buy this equipment today!contact the clubs in your area or close to you and ask them if anyone has one for sale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread