Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tanaka Engine

Howdy Matrix Master,
Does your engine look something like this one? If so I have the manual somewhere around here and can take a few pictures of the manual for you.

View attachment 649068 This engine was part of a 2/2.5" Keene suction dredge I purchased back in 1992. It is a good engine. I have to find the instructions to get the gas/oil ratios. I will get back to you.........63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like the kawasaki engine they used for quite some time but the Tanaka is quite similiar looking also and no oil. They used TML radio controlled airplane engines from canada for awhile also. John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Again mmDBA,

The short answer to your question is two cycle engine oil that is made to mix between 25:1 and 50:1. Of course the pictures of the manual explain this a little better but Tanaka likes the 25:1 ratio. Also note they give a warning to not use Gasohol, like we have a choice these days. The manual is about 30 pages long, with all the languages its printed in, so if you can use a copy of it let me know.

Best of luck.......63bkpkr

And howdy there Hoser John! How goes it? Well I hope! This week will see me working six days, five ten hour days and one eight hour day and then Sunday and Monday and Tuesday each for 10 hours and then off for five days. Wish I was going to do something wonderful with those five days off but that will depend on if my Son and I are able to get together. My knee is still acting up so I've an appointment to see an Orthopedic Surgeon. Ain't that a pain!!

View attachment 649318 View attachment 649315 View attachment 649316

Last edited:
OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a bunch that is very helpful. Now all I need is some rain... suppose to be in the 100's the next 4 days and no rain in sight... might have to get a dry washer. Thanks for your time and efforts....

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Herb it sure sounds like that new job is really working out great and truly hope that knee gets better through by trying some some simple physical therapy and NOT the knife. Saw my knee doc Schwartz the other day and now that he has a $7 mill new office he wants to cut on everybody who steps in the door!! 2 hour wait,11 patients and all going under the knife EXCEPT ME. Had 3 ops already and pt did much more good than all 3 ops-err on the side a caution and hope your outdoor passion will resume asap and nuttn' but respect ---tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread