Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Question if you could only get one Jobe Highbanker or CA Sluice Box Hand Trommel ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
    85 times
    Prospecting

Question if you could only get one Jobe Highbanker or CA Sluice Box Hand Trommel ?

Hay guys i'v been thinking of getting the Ca sluice box hand trommel but i came accross a Jobe highbanker today brand new for 500, it's 445 for the trommel shipped for that kind of money what would you get and why?

Name:  mPGALS2-647ecn5PobX3-0A.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  9.7 KB , or Name:  $(KGrHqV,!psE63ZjSuNBBO3Intn9BQ~~60_14.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  1.7 KB
    Last edited by blynch35; Dec 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Jun 2012
    Washington state
    Mine lab x terra 305
    40 times
    Kind of need both. If you already have a good sluice. Then get the trommel. Or build one . Goodguy replied with ( mikes trommel plans) easy enough to build.
    My problem is getting the right gear to fit my needs. Seems I'll get what I think is right then try it and find out what I really need.

us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
    85 times
    Prospecting
    Ya i already have a two bazooka's super prospertor and super mini. I was leaning more on the highbanker just so i dont have to carry bucket's anymore. Is that jobe a good highbanker seems to be a really good deal at 500.

Jun 2012
    Washington state
    Mine lab x terra 305
    40 times
    My plan is to build the homemade trommel and feed my Christmas super prospector.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    85 times
    Prospecting
    that is a good idea too

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6643 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Seeing as your in kalif--neither as you need 3 permits to run either from the state waterboards and many $100,000 in fines for either and a bit a jail time too. Go to cdfg.com and hit dredging-then waterboard link-educate or lament all your live long day as IGNORANCE OF THE LAWS ARE NO EXCUSE. Sorry to rain on your parade BUT would rather do that than have ya ruin your life. Just use a simple Le Trap or keene or proline sluicebox in the stream/river and you'll be a much happier wealthier miner-John
    1more4me likes this.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Seeing as your in kalif--neither as you need 3 permits to run either from the state waterboards and many $100,000 in fines for either and a bit a jail time too. Go to cdfg.com and hit dredging-then waterboard link-educate or lament all your live long day as IGNORANCE OF THE LAWS ARE NO EXCUSE. Sorry to rain on your parade BUT would rather do that than have ya ruin your life. Just use a simple Le Trap or keene or proline sluicebox in the stream/river and you'll be a much happier wealthier miner-John
    John,
    The correct link is: California Department of Fish and Game

us
    Feb 2010
    Kenai, Alaska
    Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by walldo View Post
    Or build one . Goodguy replied with ( mikes trommel plans) easy enough to build.
    Whare would I find these?

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Whare would I find these?
    MIKES HAND TROMMEL

us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    85 times
    Prospecting
    thanks guys for all the good input i think since things are still messed up with the ban, and now the new hope in court i think im going to start collecting parts and scaps to make my own trommel on the cheap.
    TerryC likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6643 times
    Amen B35 just have some fun as tinkering is always a blast-small-quiet-lean-mean and efficent rule the day as not a good time to waste your pay. Lotza luck-John
    kuger and blynch35 like this.

Jan 2013
    7 times
    I hope this isn't considered too old of a thread to resurrect but I have a question. I'm confused on the reference to a hand trammel or high banker being illegal in CA. I read the regs that were linked and it specifically states high bankers are legal and doesn't mention grommets but does refer to no motorized methods being acceptable. I see this is in a dredging section of the board but dredging wasn't referenced in the post.

Jun 2012
    Washington state
    Mine lab x terra 305
    40 times
    But seriously. You do not want my opinion according to my wife.
    I would get both and figure it out later. Just saying

It is more than a hobby. It is a lifestyle .

Dec 2012
    Redding, Ca
    BGT Prospector BGT Super Mini Angus MacKirk Explorer South Yuba Mining Highbanker
    367 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_...ghbank_faq.pdf

According to this you don't need a permit to run a highbanker. Can't let it run in the river of course.
    Alan U
    "Crack Addict"

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6716 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by blynch35 View Post
    thanks guys for all the good input i think since things are still messed up with the ban, and now the new hope in court i think im going to start collecting parts and scaps to make my own trommel on the cheap.
    I have the Jobe yet you guys that build your own equipment have a special place in this hobby. Keep at it! Tnx. TTC
    I can't change what happened yesterday. But today, I will work on a better tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links