reverse helix gold trommel

goldtrader

Sep 2, 2011
Hello kind of new to the forum first post. anybody out there using a trommel. I could not find one I wanted so I built my own. I built a couple of extras to offset the cost but only had a couple sell. I thinks this thing is great but hasn't got much interest. Was hoping for some feed back from more experienced prospectors. Not sure how to post a pic. but it can be seen if you google reverse helix gold trommel 56 on youtube any feed back good or bad would be appreciated

thanks

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello kind of new to the forum first post. anybody out there using a trommel. I could not find one I wanted so I built my own. I built a couple of extras to offset the cost but only had a couple sell. I thinks this thing is great but hasn't got much interest. Was hoping for some feed back from more experienced prospectors. Not sure how to post a pic. but it can be seen if you google reverse helix gold trommel 56 on youtube any feed back good or bad would be appreciated

thanks

I'll do it for you.
To sell on T-net you must become a Charter member ($20) and then you can post your ad in the Charter Member Classifieds section. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector.gif
3rd - Looking forward to seeing your home built trommel goldtrader.

OP
OP
G

goldtrader

Sep 2, 2011
Thanks for the info will look around the site and figure it out and become a charter member
Thanks

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice build and I really like the hydraulic motor idea :icon_thumleft:

psmchile

Dec 17, 2010
Santiago
Detector(s) used
White´s MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks

Hey there,

nice concept. Do you still have one available for sale? Please reply to me to ingekraft at gmail, tks

TumblingDice

Oct 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do it for you.
To sell on T-net you must become a Charter member ($20) and then you can post your ad in the Charter Member Classifieds section. :icon_thumleft:

Hi GoldTrader,
Have you sold any of these reverse helix trommels? I may be interested to buy one if you area setting up a production line.
Tumbling Dice - Coeur D'Alene
jkarl at tumblingdice dot biz

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Activity for GoldTrader, Dec 29, 2013

I doubt he will see this unless you PM him and he's still at the same Email

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had ask about the water driven motor but the guy never replied to my PM. I suspect its a oil driven motor and will not last long having water run through it... I had thought of removing my gas engine and replacing it so the trommel is run by the pump supply the water to the trommel. Have not given up on the idea. Got to get my trommel out and run it for the first time now that everything is starting to settle down in my life...

1.jpg 666.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same as the High Grader and Yellow Jacket produced by Drew Reeves back in the day. Just a simple washer water pump works just fine as sold a few 100 and no complaints. I much prefer Gold Claimer or Gold Screw over tinker toys as in all mining the more materials ya run makes the day pay coupled with a good fines recovery system. John

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I prefer to build cause I can build better than what is sold for a far less investment. Plus I do not need a larger trommel cause all the digging is by hand, no earth moving equipment allowed, my trommel is just fine... Thanks for the tip though...

But if I wanted to builder bigger and better I could but this TINKER TOY is just fine for my needs...

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had thought of using a pump such as this. Pump water through the inlet to rotate the shaft, with a half-shaft and pulleys I could drive the final output with lots of torque and a water valve to control the speed of the trommel cylinder.

Water Pump.png

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't nothing wrong with tinker toys aka prospecting tools same same. Just processing miniscule amounts to find a source so you can mine with larger equipment. SOP with all mining. Used the Highgrader 2 for years of sampling and was bummed when Drew had to stop for medical reasons,same as so many of the greats passing on. John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Years back I wanted one of these but $$$ wasn't there for me , so I made my own out of UHMW plastic with the help of Dave (Zooka) Bryce and the guys over on [email protected] we all dicussed it on the net and I made 2 of them. 1 went to Dave Bryce and I kept the other and further modified it with a output shaft. many trials and errors but it worked! we called it the "VP" for vibro-pulsator . we shared all this info on the condition that NOBODY would market it! Dave is a lawyer and he requested this!

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had ask about the water driven motor but the guy never replied to my PM. I suspect its a oil driven motor and will not last long having water run through it... I had thought of removing my gas engine and replacing it so the trommel is run by the pump supply the water to the trommel. Have not given up on the idea. Got to get my trommel out and run it for the first time now that everything is starting to settle down in my life...

After all that has happened recently, I hope you do get out and use that trammel. Probably would be good for you just to get away for awhile and grub for some gold.

And please let us know how it does. I suspect superbly....

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After all that has happened recently, I hope you do get out and use that trammel. Probably would be good for you just to get away for awhile and grub for some gold.

And please let us know how it does. I suspect superbly....

Dave, I plan on it although my brother has a PET scan coming up and we all are praying that the results are good and no cancer. I am planning on get out MDing on Saturday before heading up north for a few days. Then back down south with the trommel.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave, I plan on it although my brother has a PET scan coming up and we all are praying that the results are good and no cancer. I am planning on get out MDing on Saturday before heading up north for a few days. Then back down south with the trommel.

We will pray that for no cancer also. My wife has had cancer, chemo, radiation, etc., and it is a very trying time. After all you have had happen so far, you deserve a good report on this. Please keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions