Power washer for hard pack

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i hook my blaster hose to my venturi. i have MORE than enough PSI to blast out anything! you must be going right off the 3/4 hose bib on the pump. i use it ONLY for cleaning out the sluice and washing the matts.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm. I'm also using the hose connection on the pump and when I'm running at production speed, I can blast hardpack from 3' away underwater. If I lift the hose out of the water, I can spray over 35'. Maybe if you guys are using a "Y" fitting you need to buy the zero loss style. Also the size of the hose matters.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to 5/8" non kink hose,biggest hole in control valve you can find and mini firemens nozzle or tiny lawn sweeper nozzle-Harbor freight carries all for under $10 total-except hose as OSH no kink rocks--and don't get 50 foot hose either,15-20' more better-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
my venturi is a Dave Frank PVC venturi.Dave uses these on his Vortexrex device.it has a PVC chamber around my 4 inch line and it has 4 ventruis drill into it aimed with the direction of flow and its drilled at 11 degrees. my blaster hose openings are drilled into that chamber. i have 3 blaster hose openings for my choice to use! a 3/4",a 1", and a 1 1/4" the 1 and the 1 1/4 have camlock fittings.these blaster hoses are in my trailer and are different lengths.like John says i have nozzels that are reduced down like small firemans nozzels.ya just cant beat it when a plan comes together!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the built in hose bib but I set up my blaster nozzle the same way Hoser described. The only thing it won't tear apart is cemented hardpack, but that takes a sledge and chisel to break apart.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
my blaster is a 1-1/2 hose like russ is plumbed into my can around my jets, runs at 35 psi necked down to a 1/2 fire nozzle . you need to be planted well and braced when you turn the blaster on. it pushes hard , buy will break up hard pack and clean up cracks. a power washers force would be deminished by being in the water. lots of pressure but no volume.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
my blaster is a 1-1/2 hose like russ is plumbed into my can around my jets, runs at 35 psi necked down to a 1/2 fire nozzle . you need to be planted well and braced when you turn the blaster on. it pushes hard , buy will break up hard pack and clean up cracks. a power washers force would be deminished by being in the water. lots of pressure but no volume.

bill/cr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them caymen in CR are some pretty tough charactors and a little water??? don't think so-John

Attachments

• 100_0180.jpg
    100_0180.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 135

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
the blaster also works great on greenies in kyaks yelling at you, telling you not to dredge. they go away real quick.

bill/cr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a 8' multipronged fish harpoon for them in the Rucky chuckies Bill. They'd splash dredge,hit with paddles and then sink in the rapids due to bottom punctures in the rapids due to tree limbs :laughing7: so sad as they went down hahahaha. As ye sow---so shall ye reap ya enviro freaks-John

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I tried the presure washer thing!

It does work but its massive over kill and very hard to control it will blow you all over the place almost impossible to. Keep it in front of the nozzel...
Kinda felt like a jack leg after not listening to the opinions of so many on here
After working with it trying to get it under control I finally gave up and went to a blaster nozzel
While it is slower on breaking up hard pack. At least your not flying everywhere under water with the blaster nozzel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread