High banking in CA. What do I need to know?

calgeologist

Oct 31, 2011
Austin, TX and Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, hi banking is the point of no return for us sluicers. In california I believe you do need a permit. Blm has the form in pdf format... I havent done it but , I looked into it in november. just fill it out and email it to blm california and go from there. Best of luck.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water quality board requires 2 permits-1 to remove water and 1 to return. Permits?? don' need no stinkn' permits just go---John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They "MAY" require a permit look deeper. And BLM never had a permit before do you have a link to this permit?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Clay

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dissemination of information is of extreme truth fact finding from agencies.

Attachments

• 03-31-2013 12;32;29PM BLM REGS CLEAR CREEK CORRIDOR + MORE.PDF
    470.4 KB · Views: 150

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to see if anyone could help point me to the info about high banking and power sluicing.

Still need a permit?

Also now that the emergency definition of a dredge has expired, is booming legal again?

Thanks for the help.

The emergency dredge definition was re updated on Dec 26th 2013. Read the dfg suction dredge site for the new twists and turns.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry HJ

I was running around screaming after reading the page. It basically is the beginning of citations for digging.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
has anyone noticed that all these gubermint agencys and courts ALWAYS refer to us as recreational.......remeber the 1872/1866 mining laws DONT refer to "RECREATIONAL" so your NOT covered by these mining laws if you/we keep refering to ourselves as "RECREATIONAL"! if it isnt specifically stated, it isnt part of the deal! if you dont beleive me, ask ANY lawyer!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys need to google the fish and game code page it has an index to all codes and the "FULL" wordings. the waterboard has the same thing. you can read the full codes there. Hopefully it will calm some of you down. You can not introduce waste in to the water. Make sure you are not running your banker directly into the water. The tailings from a sluice are not pollutants and the dirt in a stream bed isn't either. No pollutant, no problem. If your on your own claim you have a lot backing you. No where in any part of the code does it say you can not sluice, run a power sluice, or hand suckers. The term substantial is not defined and has been in place for years and there are people moving a lot of dirt and rock in this states streams with no permit and zero harassment or citations.

OP
OP
C

calgeologist

Oct 31, 2011
Austin, TX and Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does this change if you are on unclaimed land?

You guys need to google the fish and game code page it has an index to all codes and the "FULL" wordings. the waterboard has the same thing. you can read the full codes there. Hopefully it will calm some of you down. You can not introduce waste in to the water. Make sure you are not running your banker directly into the water. The tailings from a sluice are not pollutants and the dirt in a stream bed isn't either. No pollutant, no problem. If your on your own claim you have a lot backing you. No where in any part of the code does it say you can not sluice, run a power sluice, or hand suckers. The term substantial is not defined and has been in place for years and there are people moving a lot of dirt and rock in this states streams with no permit and zero harassment or citations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread