My 4" home made jet log

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Figured I would post a pic and a comparison of 3 jets.
My old jet log on my 4" was the cause of all my water issues last year. I was having a hard time getting rocks to clear off my sluice. I had a talk with Jeff from proline a week or two back and determinded that my old log was not right with the HP350 pump.
So I built my own log yesterday and tried it out today, wow what a difference! I had almost another 2" of water across my box and more suction. The best thing...it cost me all of $10 to build.
I also got to try out a infinity jet on my setup and well...I'm speechless. Talk about a noticeable difference.

So my old log had a inducer 2" down to 3/4", the log was 32" and the inducer was at 11 degrees but it was cut in about 1/2 way down the log.
New log is 2" down to 1-1/8" (couldn't find 1" id pipe) Inducer is 6" from end, 11 degree and the log is 44" long.

Crappy welds, try welding in a snow storm in 6" of snow, it's not fun.
End results: it works and I can sell the dredge now and finish funding my 6"!

IMG_20140208_173646.jpg

It was so easy, and cheep to build I'm thinking maybe I should start building to sell!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
How much better was the infinity? Were you able to duplicate your suction and water levels at lower rpms

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, I would have to run it slower otherwise the water was splashing over the top of my sluice. At lower rpms it still have lots of suction and lots of water. They are very impressive.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm seriously in love in infinity jets!

Just purchased 60" of 6" OD exhaust pipe in ebay for $25. I know this wont last for a long time but it'll at least get me in the water sooner. I'm going to make a nozzle and maybe a 6 inducer jet to play around with. It's kind of fun building stuff but I need to get my dredge built so I can start making money!

Thanks everyone!

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks it looks easy to build any diagrams or drafts with dimensions on them ;)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Who cares if the welds aren't pretty? IT WORKS!
Damn fine work there. :)

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna go too!

heheh <3

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY try electrical conduit . I tried to bend some in my 1'' dies and found that it was 1'' id not od and it is already galvanized.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made a 4in last summer and it ran just as good as the keene log I have

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
well for me , i build my own stuff so it works better. the companies like keene can;t build the best. only what works the best for the dollars they can spend

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Bill ! building is fun .

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
we can experiment with little tweaks without worrying about production, if it doesn't work, on the scrap/recyle pile it goes till we can use part on a future project

blichney

May 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you find the 2 to 1" reducer with that nifty hose barb end and is it thinwalll or sched 40? The only ones ive seen are rigid bell fittings or butt weld type.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you find the 2 to 1" reducer with that nifty hose barb end and is it thinwalll or sched 40? The only ones ive seen are rigid bell fittings or butt weld type.
Keene sells them. They use to be listed in the catalog but I didn't find them listed online. Mining shops sell them. I usually buy muffler pipe and weld them on for the old style and the only thing that I do different is that I extend the pipe 3" in front of the hose adapter to make it easy to put your suction hose on. If you look at Omni's first pic and then add the 2" pressure hose on the fitting, there is almost no room for the 4" suction hose to fit in between. So I weld the fitting farther down the tube. Heck the last jet that I built was back in the early 90's now...

dredge 2000 002.jpg

blichney

May 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Reed! Ill keep that in mind for my next build when i go to a 6" haha. I ended up getting the 2 to 1 butt weld reducer from a local pipe fitters supply along with some scrap 4" and 1"electrical metallic tubing from work. To attach the 2" discharge ill have to add a coupling and a screw in type connection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread