OP
OP
Jakel

Jakel

Mar 31, 2014
Edmonton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is this the vortex (conveyor belt) mat that everyone is talking about? I'm going to buy a hunk if it but just want to know first.

image-2720086796.jpg

Attachments

• image-1633771603.jpg
    image-1633771603.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
Jakel

Jakel

Mar 31, 2014
Edmonton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well after a lot of banging, grunting, swearing and sweating I have the initial box all bent up :D It's amazing what you can do with some vise grips, a board and a hammer. Now for the hopper.

image-4266401378.jpg

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is this the vortex (conveyor belt) mat that everyone is talking about? I'm going to buy a hunk if it but just want to know first.

View attachment 980117
Yes, that is it. It is really hard to clean out. I don't know if anyone has told you that. I have to use my thumb to scrape on it to get it to release anything.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

image-1633771603.jpg

I do not think that's it..... Looks similar but the pockets appear way too small.

Google "rough top conveyer belt"

To clean it out, just bend it backwards to release the material.
Can also be cleaned out by rolling it up backwards and repeatedly dunking it into a bucket of water.

Sometimes there will be a few stubborn pieces of gravel that will need to be removed by hand.

If it's glued down then stick the end of the sluice down into a bucket or tub and rinse it clean with water.
I use a 12V bilge pump with hose to rinse mine clean.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jakel

Jakel

Mar 31, 2014
Edmonton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Question for y'all. If I have a 1200gph bilge pump that draws 3 amps and a 12v deep cycle battery with 33ah's, how many hrs will the battery hold charge? Is there some sort of formula out there?

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a deep cycle battery running a 3amp pump you can divide the AH rating by the Amp draw. (33/3=11 hours) However I like to factor approximately 80% of the rating to ensure good flow since the battery rating is for discharge down to 10.5 volts and the pump will loose some flow when running lower voltage. In this case you should get good operation for 8 to 9 hours. For pumps that draw more amps it is best to refer to a battery chart since not all batteries can handle high current draw and the AH rating will reduce considerably so this simple formula may not apply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread