Highbanker riffle set up

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clarkson riffle set up

Hey guys my first post here. thanks for havin me! awesome site. I'm currently building a 5' long x 10" wide highbanker. i have the whole unit pretty well finished. I'm just waiting on my modified clarkson riffles from heckler fabrication. i am going with the 3/4"x 1/2" lip size. The plan is to set them to the 15° uphill angle and 2x riffle heigth spacing per the clarkson study, but i was wondering right about how many gpm should i run with these things in a 10" box ? I'm trying to decide which pump to pick up for my aplication. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone? I can't find much info on just how much water flow these things need.

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to harbor freight and pick up their 2" clear water pump, cheap and does the job. I built a 12" wide by 10' long sluice and it works great for it. Although I am not using clarkson riffles. I have a combination of rubber matting, expanded metal and Hungarian riffles. Eventually I would like to upgrade to gold hog matting when I can afford to do so.

image-3461050464.jpg

I started with a mix of Hungarian and clarkson but the clarkson require more slope than the Hungarians so I scrapped the clarkson and went with Hungarian and it works great.

OP
OP
T

Trinity_miner

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way i understand it the Modified clarksons take a ton of flow, ive heard up to 400 gpm but i don't know if that's accurate. I do know they need 3 to 4 inches of drop per foot. is anyone on here runnin them on a highbanker?
And nice set up ya got there.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As was stated, get a harbor freight 2" clear water pump and never look back. It may provide plenty of water at just above idle...if not crank it up a bit. If I remember right, you will need more sluice slope to get the vortex's to work right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread