Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get whichever one has the correct shaft that your pumps already use.
I like the Honda motor more but have both and both are great runners.

Quick Edit: My Briggs runs hotter than my Honda.

OP
OP
T

twisttop

Jan 22, 2014
Eastern Wa. State
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher Goldbug, Whites coinmaster pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, both make models for my pumps.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 5 briggs pumps left(sold over half) and NEVER will you find a better engine than a IC of any size. Better look at them pumps also as over 34 years old and they do take a beating from improper use. New housing and pump seals also would be a great idea. New footvalves with 1/4" opening eat them pumps up in a short period of use so old school small holes,suspended in a bucket off the bottom saves your pumps and powerjet from getting hydrohoned holes blasted through them in short order-Lotza luck-John

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Buy American!

I couldnt agree more with russau.

Honda's Swepsonville, North Carolina, Power Equipment plant employs 550 U.S. workers, and represents an investment of more than $140 million in domestic manufacturing.

AimSmMissSm

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not to burst any bubbles but only a very few brigs and Honda models are made in the USA. I may be wrong but Kohler may be the only engine 100% made in the US.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not to burst any bubbles but only a very few brigs and Honda models are made in the USA. I may be wrong but Kohler may be the only engine 100% made in the US.
I'm not even sure Kohler is anymore. They recently had a huge price decline, indicating they've cut some big costs somewhere. 2 years ago i was paying $1,300 for a 10HP Kohler. I sold my business 18 months ago, and the new owner told me he can buy those Kohlers, now, for about $600.00. Something changed.
Jim

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Kohler/Yamaha power equip. motors are made 100% in China as of 2009.

Briggs and Tecumseh motors are made in china too. New motors have plastic camshaft gears and lobes.

Honda builds motors where the demand is. 75% of Honda motors and power equip. sold in the USA is built here in NC and Ga.

Just a simple google search " where are ______ motors made" .

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Briggs webs site claims that 90% of their engines are made in the USA. But that same web site doesn't list the assembly plant or the new foundry (for crank cases) here in Alabama. So who knows

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself will only buy a Honda. Honda offers a 3 year parts & labor warranty & worth every penny when it comes to reliability & durability.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread