Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Bill. :)

I wanted to ask you guys what you thought about GX25 engines for ultra light platforms?

These are little 1 - 1.2hp 4-stroke engines that produce peak power at 7000rpms

Running a 2" pulley on the motor and a 6" pulley on my T80 that would result in 5400rpms which according to Honda's dynograph that's right at 3/4hp.

So what I am asking, if I ran my buddies GX25 off of his WX10 at 5400rpms for 3/4hp will the T80 operate perfectly or might it struggle?

Would it be better to run a 1.75" pulley and bring the rpms up to about 6200 and about .8hp?

There is also going to be a little loss from the pulley and belt, how does that factor in?

Pretty much I just want to know if its worth playing with the GX25 for an ultra lightweight hooka setup.

I am still going to use the Predator too, but I want a super lightweight setup for long hikes and of course the T80 swaps easily and quickly between setups. :)

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
there is someone driving a dodge with a stripped bolt on the head... and its not me:laughing7:. that paint job looks real good. looks like you got it sand blasted. ive seen the setups with the gxh50, does that motor have enough hp to work that pump properly? its only 12 lb motor. pricey i know, but worth it if you have the $.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya everyone;

So I finally got around to painting my T80 after I rebuilt it.
This lil gem was born the same year that I was, 1982.

For those that might notice the head bolts, those are Stainless bolts from Ace Hardware.
*When working with aluminum heads ALWAYS be careful not to strip the threads.* ( I did not, just a reminder. :) )

I chose Silver and overall am happy with the job but the silver isn't as metallic as I had hoped.
I chose the wheel clear coat because it is made to hold up to extreme conditions and heat.
Honestly I should have just gone with the Rustoleum brand Gloss Wheel clear coat because I did not like how the VHT laid down.
I had not had any runs in my primer or my color but the VHT Clear had plenty of runs as you can see in the photos.

As for prep, I used a aircraft brand stripper, then I sanded and picked off most everything that I could.
Some rough spots were left but it doesn't need to be 100% perfect, just better than it was.
I used frog tape for masking and really liked it. I have used several different painters tapes before but Frog tape is the best that I have used.

My material list
*Rustoleum Professional Aluminum Primer
*Rustoleum Professional High Performance Enamel Paint.
*VHT Clear Gloss wheel clear coat (Recommend going with Rustoleum gloss wheel clear coat)
*Frog Tape
*Aircraft or any other brand paint stripper.
*Sand paper (P120 - P600) I used 3M's P120 Medium Smooths on the tougher paint. Careful though because this will scratch the aluminum easily. This is just for the tough area's the stripper cant take off.
Use finer paper when contacting the aluminum directly.

The before photos are of my friends T80 but mine was in the same external condition.

View attachment 1201537

View attachment 1201538

View attachment 1201539

View attachment 1201540

View attachment 1201543

View attachment 1201544

View attachment 1201545

View attachment 1201546

View attachment 1201547

View attachment 1201548
I used to work maintenance and painting motors for the conveyors was part of

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am buying it used off my friend, 3 grams of gold whenever I find it next.

I am not sure if it will run but I am going to try
If it doesn't work its still a neat little 4 stroke pump. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread