6" dredge dual quad jet..

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013

Okay for those who wanna know how i been doing down in the river .. I have been going through lot of small problems but i have corrected most of them. One day my engine had a bit of sand in the cylinder and it lost all the compression since it wore out and so it wouldnt start. I had to put the camshaft with the treaded end on another engine i found for i could install the pump.I even had problems with propane tank freezing up on me and not being able to keep on dredging for the day. But Today i placed the tank between both engines for it could gather some heat.

But after all these problems today i had a good run .. We had moved it up a bit upstream closer to where the higher grade gold is and like in 2 hours of dredging i found a couple of nuggets the biggest one weighting at .5 grams.

Maybe tomorrow we be able to put in more hours and we might enter next week with yellower gold pan ..

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations PP I'm glad to see you running. You deserve a good run, have a lot of fun with Your Dredge :) Doesn't it feel great to build it yourself and see it running at it's finest? There's nothing better in my book :)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
PP and Reed , thankyou for your videos! I like to build my own equipment aswell , BUT ive run into people that think if its homade , it don't work! how short sighted they are! Agreed , some people don't know what they need to build equipment and they shouldn't! Most times they spend a LOT of time and money and it don't work right when they could of just bought used BUT not abused equipment. Reed , your videos and posts like this are getting me into the mood to build another dredge ,but ill need to find someone to use it for me , because my ole bones wont let me play much anymore! maybe another 5 inch ????

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Well it does .. Because for a minute wife and family think you are going crazy loll .. And then is like a dream come true when everything is working..

Now its only just about getting this gold and celebrating [emoji322]..

Russ.. Learning to build on your own without knowing much what your doing will cost ya always. But it will eventually leave you with clearer understanding of your errors and how to properly do it next time.

My next build will be a motorized winch. I have already the parts needed.

Going to have to open another thread since i know ima need ya guys help because i never even used one before lol.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well Ive learned from the best over the net and with others while out working! Reed , Astro ,GolkAK (deceased) wally Koz (deceased) Zooka , Trev Alty (NZ) Leonard Leeper , Chuck Lassiter , AZViper , Gene "Geno" Wiley (deceased), Clark Wockner (deceased)and the last goes on and on BUT not to mention John "Hoser" Oates would be a sin! EVERYONE needs to go out with John at least once in their life! I was in Wyoming some years back and wouldn't trade it for anything! would love to do it again!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My partner Jim is creating a lightweight 4" that runs off of dual wx15's or some thing like that... Dual 3hps with a titanium frame and marine styrofoam that can be carried easily by 2, hose and all. He is a or was a scientist back in the day and built the 6 with me along with our trommel. As long as you can float in a wetsuit Russ, shallow dredging will still be easy enough, you just need to keep warm, so be sure to build a heater, and think light. Even a 4B would be a good dredge for you. If I was going to buy another 4B I would still want to buy a stripped floatation unit and make my own riffles and a low profile frame for the motors. Dual 3's would be do-able on it as well. Make a dredge that YOU can use yourself, you know :)

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
You such a lucky guy !! [emoji4]

We all are lucky in that we have such a talented group here teaching us. Its on these different web sites that a LOT of knowledge is passed out to us all if we listen! Myself , im not that smart to know it all , BUT Ive learned from listening to others what works good for them and I enjoy passing that info on to others that ask. I say , Thankyou to all that help us learn and keep from making more mistakes than I have over the years!:)

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013

Yeah, your right. Lots of information here .. For Days..Just have to come here and you will find all types of topics.

This is why i love Tnet.

People here sure have come a long way with me and my build.
Thanks to those i got my dredge running right..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread