Prospecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video, Sweet gold! :occasion14:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Is summer just starting now in NZ

YEP ! their Summer is our Winter . Thanks for taking us along with you with the video !! That's the fix I needed this morning to get me up-n-going!!:headbang: Yesterday I watched a 2 part video on public tv channel on the North island and the South Island of NZ ! It really got me going! I have a friend (Trev Alty) that lives on the south Island and would love to visit him!

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and many others Russ. God bless good mining women as very few and far between!John

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GoldStampX

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2016
Canada/New Zealand
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to see people are enjoying the Video. I couldn't sit and watch another 10 minutes of someone vacuuming with no gold to see at the end.

It is a few weeks into the NZ Spring. Would be like our April. Hottest months are Jan and Feb. Being a small island in the big ocean I have seen it snow in Dec, Jan, and Feb in the Mtns. So a lot like Oregon/Washington/BC. The North island is a bit more tropical, but no dredging going on up there. Worth a visit if you can get a month off and see the whole country. Direct flight from LAX is about 12 hours each way. So plan for a longer trip then a week. lol

And yes, god bless mining women. As dumb as she thought the idea was of buying a dredging claim over a house. Gold Fever will always win!!!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to watch again as the most important part of any dredge op seems to be missing?? Where is your blaster nozzle? Blows through overburden, cuts through clay like butter and absolutely cleans them cracks and crevices completely out in seconds? Easily twice the production(and gold) in half the time and much less labor. Anyhow thanx for the dredge fix-John

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to watch again as the most important part of any dredge op seems to be missing?? Where is your blaster nozzle? Blows through overburden, cuts through clay like butter and absolutely cleans them cracks and crevices completely out in seconds? Easily twice the production(and gold) in half the time and much less labor. Anyhow thanx for the dredge fix-John

I agree, the least expensive yet most valuable tool available for aiding recovery!

GG~

OP
OP
G

GoldStampX

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2016
Canada/New Zealand
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do agree, It is very helpful. It was left behind the first year in the rush to pack. Next videos will have it in action. Anyone one want to see 8 minutes of blaster nozzle in action? lol

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh my, that view is as good if not better than the gold.
I wish I could be there. :)

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
Awesome... as an Aussie who is only a short hop skip and a jump away from NZ I really do have no valid excuse for never having visited.

I'd be drawn in 3 directions - dredging the gold, fly fishing for the trout, and shooting a deer for dinner.

Theres just the ONE hitch on this mighty plan tho...

I'm so fat and lazy I could never climb those mountains to get in there - I'd need a helicopter!.

OK there is one other hitch... I am so darn poor at the moment, I couldn't afford the bus fare to the airport to catch a plane to fly to NZ!

Mere details.... LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread