winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can use a motor to pump water to mine above the high water line
it just says you cant use a motor that results in the removal or disturbance of
streamside vegetation in a manner that may impact water quality.
the wpcf600 is for processing/pumping water off-stream and includes 401 certification
in the 600 permit you're agreeing to not affect water quality anyway,
you can dig with a shovel anywhere on your claim.
I just file mine as mobile then you don't have to put down ESH or location information.
its good for 5 years could be legislation to remove SB838 next spring

sb838 sec2) A moratorium is imposed until January 2, 2021, on mining that uses any
form of motorized equipment for the purpose of extracting gold, silver or any other precious
metal from placer deposits of the beds or banks of the waters of this state, as defined in ORS
196.800, or from other placer deposits, that results in the removal or disturbance of
streamside vegetation in a manner that may impact water quality. The moratorium applies
up to the line of ordinary high water, as defined in ORS 274.005, and 100 yards upland per-
pendicular to the line of ordinary high water that is located above the lowest extent of the
spawning habitat in any river and tributary thereof in this state containing essential
indigenous anadromous salmonid habitat, as defined in ORS 196.810, or naturally
reproducing populations of bull trout, except in areas that do not support populations of anadromous
salmonids or natural reproducing populations of bull trout due to a naturally occurring or
lawfully placed physical barrier to fish passage

application; http://www.deq.state.or.us/wq/wqpermit/docs/general/wpcf600/permit.pdf
permit; http://www.deq.state.or.us/wq/wqpermit/docs/general/wpcf600/permit600.pdf

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, great info, guess I will renew and try out my high-banker.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The permit is good for 5 years if you don't renew then if you decide you want go, it could take months to apply for a new one.

I guess I could have copy/paste right from the application;
Senate Bill 838 Motorized Placer Mining Moratorium
The moratorium may not apply to a placer mining operation that uses hand tools (like a pick, shovel, etc.) for digging even if
the operation utilizes a motorized high banker supplying water to the sluice box by a pump powered by a combustion engine or
electric motor. However, if a placer mining operation has motorized digging equipment (e.g., backhoe, dozer), it is likely
restricted from operating within 100 yards upland perpendicular to the line of the ordinary high water adjacent to moratorium
waters because it likely results in the removal or disturbance of streamside vegetation in a manner that may impact water quality.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
called and got the skinny on section E it's not site-specific you can still go anywhere statewide if you file as "mobile"
they said to just put down the spot you go to most, might be less hassle to put a spot that not ESH
for the WPCF600 there are 1534 issued compared to 404 of the 700pm dredge permits.

DEQ search all permits; Oregon DEQ: Wastewater Permitted Facility Contact Report Criteria
(GEN06 & GEN07PM)

Last edited:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The State of Oregon doesn't own all the water in the state.
DSL is lying to the people, it specifically says what they own right in their own website.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread