Best little 12v power mini sluice

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Ive seen a lot of people after buying and using any equipment make their own mods to it for their needs. SO if a person is going to be making changes , why not make your own mini and have your changes now instead of buying ($$$) and then making the changes. after all , how hard is it to bend up a sluice /hopper / stand and put what ever kind of matting /screen over it that you want in the first place. OR just buy used .

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive seen a lot of people after buying and using any equipment make their own mods to it for their needs. SO if a person is going to be making changes , why not make your own mini and have your changes now instead of buying ($$$) and then making the changes. after all , how hard is it to bend up a sluice /hopper / stand and put what ever kind of matting /screen over it that you want in the first place. OR just buy used .

I'm thinking about going that route

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
or buy a gold cube, i got a 4 stack with banker screen and im sold. ive run 3 buckets of material that has been thru my cleanup sluice from my last years NC trip and found more gold, all of it was in the classifier tray up top and the rest was in the 1st tray, neither of the two lower trays had any in it

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
+1 on the Gold Cube used as a highbanker. I'm not a huge fan of the topper they sell for it but the cube itself processes material as well as anything else that uses a similarly small volume of water. It also leaves a lot less concentrates than carpet and expanded. I made a G1-style hopper for mine with two open nozzles to wash the material and it works quite well.

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hamfist, can you take some pics of the hopper you made? i noticed the cube topper requires alot of "attention" but it works good

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hamfist, can you take some pics of the hopper you made? i noticed the cube topper requires alot of "attention" but it works good
Of course. The main body of mine is a blemished hopper from California Sluice Box, whom I believe is now defunct. It's almost identical to the main body under the screen of the actual Gold Cube topper. I don't know why they covered the whole thing with punch plate when the water only hits a couple of inches of it near the top with the spray bar they use. The version I use be replicated pretty easily with aluminum, minus the drop riffles. All those do is give you a preview of what's in the cube. I do have to manually move some of the tailings off of the plate occasionally but it's only a few inches and, with an 1100 gph pump, the feed rate is slow enough to where you have time between scoops to nudge the tails off every now and then.

BTW, I only use two of my three trays when running this way. It decreases the height that the little pump has to push the water and I rarely find anything in the third tray anyway. If I pick up a 2000 GPH pump, I'll probably run the third tray.
View attachment 1404834

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
tried to see the pic, keeps coming up as an invalid link. i think the punch plate is full length so you can scrap the big stuff right off the end. first time i saw the bottom part of the banker, i thought it looked like a MacGirk sluice or a letrap inside.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hm. This should work. Sorry about that.
This was a test when I got it together. I don't run it that steep in actual use.
IMG_3232_zpsjqnjdsq9.png

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice setup........:icon_thumleft:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks Hamfist, thats some food for thought. think ill bend up a aluminum top piece today and try your idea and i think i have a spare 2000gph pump too

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Any progress reports on your cube modifications..... Pic please..:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions