Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish we were younger again Russ :occasion14: . Actually a old idea as Lynn Gunn and Dan Morrison did that exact same thing here in trinity county. The Grass Valley Diversion dam was over half full of decomposed granite and enough brush to heat a 1,000 homes. NO bfd to real miners just hook up many 100s of feet of 10" (their used dredge hose) multiple vws with precision pumps floating coupled to Dans righteous jets and away that nasty stuff goes by the tens a thousands of yards over the side to dewater and truck away. FUN fun fun helping the environment and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. EZ peazy if your a REAL miner-John

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remembered the EPA made a 30" dredge and utilized it to dredge Keswick Dam here in Redding to eliminate 100,000s cubic yards of ungodly sludge. Pumped it over 1 1/2 MILES and up/over a 250' containment dam and done in weeks. Hahahaha always a dredge to fix any problems underwater...and the fools ban and dam us forevermore....sic sic sic-John

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just remembered the EPA made a 30" dredge and utilized it to dredge Keswick Dam here in Redding to eliminate 100,000s cubic yards of ungodly sludge. Pumped it over 1 1/2 MILES and up/over a 250' containment dam and done in weeks. Hahahaha always a dredge to fix any problems underwater...and the fools ban and dam us forevermore....sic sic sic-John

Isn't it amazing how many problems miners can solve quickly and efficiently. With us around who needs the EPA?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True gospel and none spoken finer....now look at the Comby cluster &^%$ because no miners involved just environutz sic sic sic-John

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For those who want to utilize their dredge for other things than gold mining they may want to check into the ability to dredge out small boat basins/dock areas and such. A 4 inch dredge with power jet will shoot sediment/water quite a distance through 4 inch plastic pipe up onto land: with little effort, one can contain the solids and allow the water to return. The US Army Corp of Engineers does not mess with removal of 25 cu yds or less on navigable waterways last time I checked.

One might want to note that States own the bottom of navigable waterways even though they act as if they own the bottoms of non-navigable as well. But I believe States only get involved per two instances. 1.) They rely on the Corps for permit issues and the corp is only interested in over 25 cu yd instances...last time I checked. 2.) Use your imagination on this.......I seemed to always rely on this one!...but just can't seem to remember!

Bejay

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got done writing a letter to a BLM Office that has abused their legal authority pertaining to a claim. It is my understanding that the illegal activity being conducted by the BLM is also being challenged by many adversely effected miners. I believe it is pretty obvious that the miners will win their appeal challenges. Rather than appeal the unlawful action by the BLM, I have chosen to write a letter to the BLM Office with a copy of the letter going to the NEW Secretary of Interior, denoting how that BLM Office has abused their legal authority. The same type of letter can be sent regarding the EPA and NEPA. The purpose of sending the letter to all parties concerned is to put management agencies on notice that "abuse and overreach of power" is dually noted and being conveyed to a new manager (secretary). Cleaning the swamp of unlawful agency authority and personnel is necessary...IMHO.

Of course I am awaiting the sending to the NEW Secretary until the new appointment has been made and he/she has begun day 1 on the job!.

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread