Silt screen

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with you are both........

Truthfully after spending sooooooo much time looking this "issue" from every angle, working with so many "experts"and actual SMEs, the reality is most dredges are not an issue. The smaller the dredge the lesser the issue. I will grant you that there, at times, might be a point of concern, but then this is why there should be a self check as part of the permit.

Really, if the fish can survive
1.png

Then this can't be an issue

2.png

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ! Its been a long time out of the water for me and CABIN FEVER has a death grip on my "boys"!!:tongue3:

Throw a little gold in some dirt and pan it down........It's almost time! Could change the oil in the motor, etc. A perfect time for the PM of the gear. Reminds me, I want to make a mod to the the suit

ratled

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested, my claim is a smaller creek and was thinking of building a curtain to give the discharge more time to settle
the other thing I was looking of adding is a bolt on diverter to aim the discharge down to keep my dredge from being pushed forward.

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Throw a little gold in some dirt and pan it down........It's almost time! Could change the oil in the motor, etc. A perfect time for the PM of the gear. Reminds me, I want to make a mod to the the suit

ratled
I service my equipment regularly already and now the weather is teasing me with good weather one day then nasty weather the next. Im going nutz wanting to get out!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Downstream works just fine, tarp from bank to bank and dilutes the overflow and clays drop out. Old thermal blankets from the goodwill etc work just finr also. Tie off ends and a few rocks on the base and good to go-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread