Well.....I Thought I Found The Find For Easy Street, But It Was Not So

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
oct28.jpg

Before I set up my highbanker, I waded in the chilling waters to see what the bedrock looked like. I looked down, and saw this gold item sticking out of the sand. I few feet away was another, then a bit deeper, was a third item. Wow! I figured I discovered some real gold treasure.:hello2: After taking a second look, I realized that the pieces were brass. The 2 goddess figurines were made out of clay, and even in the deeper current of the river.

Perhaps, there was some sort of India Hindu ritual? I felt kind of creepy, checked around to make sure that there was no body around, couldn't see one, so I set up my equipment.

oct28a.jpg

I did mange to get a nice batch of flour gold. I used my home made miller table to separate the gold from the cons. For a days of shoveling, I got 0.6 of a gram of flour gold.

I figure the amount of gold any of us find, in a day, is relative to the places we hunt. I was happy with my hull. Slept like a baby too!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like you have the table figured out and tuned up.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Looks like you have the table figured out and tuned up.:thumbsup:

I switched to a 500 Gal/Hr. water pump, and it gave me a little more pep when I needed it. Once a lot of the heavier material is removed, I turned down the water velocity a bit, which gave me some improvements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions