Tried A New Thermoplast Blue Matting For Cleanup

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Seems to work well. I maybe was feeding a little too quickly, however, it sure does bite on the flour gold.

3.jpg

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Looks like standard Vortex belting like they run in the Gold Cube in a new color. Can you post a close up pic of the mat?

The black Gold Cube matting I believe is made out of Dunlap rubber, the blue matting is made of a different type of flexible thermoplastic. It's abrasion resistant, UV resistant, harsh chemical resistant and water doesn't bead up on it like vortex rubber matting. Why don't you give the guy a call or email. That information is at the end of the video. It also has a high and low row of squares. Hope the pic below helps.

blue pro a.jpg blue pro c.jpg

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you give the guy a call or email. That information is at the end of the video. It also has a high and low row of squares. Hope the pic below helps.
So that John in Edmonton isn't you? Thanks for the pics and explanation. Looks like good mat.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of TPR (thermoplastic rubber) mats does anyone have any experience with the multiple capture zone ASR mat?
I could not find a you tube video of it in action. Planning on trying one out on my highbanker as a low cost alternative.

Looks good to me so I suppose it's worth a try........
The size is 10" X 27" $24.95 with free shipping.
asr.jpg asr2.jpg
asr3.jpg asr4.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
The Gold Hog matting will stop beading up with water after it is cleaned or you run a bunch of gravle over it ! Mold release is the culprit here !

Facts! Also get rough top conveyor belt. It’s the same stuff for a much lower price

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Speaking of TPR (thermoplastic rubber) mats does anyone have any experience with the multiple capture zone ASR mat?
I could not find a you tube video of it in action. Planning on trying one out on my highbanker as a low cost alternative.

View attachment 1804524 View attachment 1804525
View attachment 1804526 View attachment 1804527

GG~

I took the bait and tried that matting. It worked quite well actually. I think I may order a second one and join the two together to fill up my 10" x 40" highbanker. My only complain is that there is a slight flaw on the one side half way down where the mat likes to stick up about 3/8". I just clamp it down or set a small stone in place. I have been running it with 1/2" mesh over carpet to finish the lower sluice. Here's a video from last spring with it in use.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the bait and tried that matting. It worked quite well actually. I think I may order a second one and join the two together to fill up my 10" x 40" highbanker. My only complain is that there is a slight flaw on the one side half way down where the mat likes to stick up about 3/8". I just clamp it down or set a small stone in place. I have been running it with 1/2" mesh over carpet to finish the lower sluice. Here's a video from last spring with it in use.

Thank you John!

I saw that hump on the side of the mat in the ad photo and didn't realize that it was a flaw. You know what, I think I'll take advantage of that and make the hump go all the way across like the "wave" in the new GH mat. I just ordered it today so it will be a few before I get to try it out. :icon_thumleft:

goldhog-wave-sluice-mat.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Thank you John!

I saw that hump on the side of the mat in the ad photo and didn't realize that it was a flaw. You know what, I think I'll take advantage of that and make the hump go all the way across like the "wave" in the new GH mat. I just ordered it today so it will be a few before I get to try it out. :icon_thumleft:

View attachment 1804894

GG~

You know, that is an excellent idea. I will try that. Post your thoughts on that mat when you try it out.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, that is an excellent idea. I will try that. Post your thoughts on that mat when you try it out.

Will do John, :icon_thumright:

I will pan the mat separately from the drop riffles that are located at the bottom end of my sluice. Hopefully I will find no gold in the drop riffle section.
Will also place a tub at the discharge end to see if any gold leaves the sluice. If that happens I will either add a fluid bed gold trap onto the end or else add on another sluice.
I want every speck of gold I can get. :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.

View attachment 1804524 View attachment 1804525
View attachment 1804526 View attachment 1804527

GG~

GG where would one find this?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't find vidio on YouTube? Also would not play here so maybe its gone?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't find vidio on YouTube? Also would not play here so maybe its gone?

Seafox,

It wont play here but it has a link to watch it on you tube.
Try it again and click on the second line. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread