Can I make money with a drywasher?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can I make money with a drywasher?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Apr 2012
    Palmdale, CA
    8
    Prospecting

    Can I make money with a drywasher?

    How much earth would I have to move to make a decent profit with this? If possible? I'm just curious, I probably won't be able to afford it anyway.

  2. #2
    us
    Aug 2010
    Texas
    H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
    247
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hello Plank...

    Welcome to the forum...

    The amount gold, you recover is directly proportional to the effort you put into it....plus knowing for sure, by lots of reseach and testing, one area after another, until you settle on an area that produces reasonable amounts of gold that you're satisfied with...then go for it !...Hopefully, you can figure a way to get out and try your hand at it... If you do...you'll be hook by the greatest healthy and fun addiction of a hobby in the world...

    Good luck to you....

    Klondike...

  3. #3
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    16,666
    22487 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by plank View Post
    How much earth would I have to move to make a decent profit with this? If possible? I'm just curious, I probably won't be able to afford it anyway.
    First you need a producing gold claim. Then for every 10 (five-gallon) buckets you run, you can expect to average about .5 - .75 grams. It is hard, dusty work..

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

    Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6,699
    7369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Plank, Where is Palmdale? You may want to do the drywashing in AZ. Much drier than most areas in CA. The rockys wring out most of the precip before the clouds get to AZ. Just a thought. .TTC
    I went to the grocery store. There was a sign on the door. No food or drinks inside...... so I went home.

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

    Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6,699
    7369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Ok, I found Palmdale. You're not far from some arid regions... sorry. TTC
    I went to the grocery store. There was a sign on the door. No food or drinks inside...... so I went home.

  6. #6
    us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    5,843
    6657 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Those who are perfect terry do absolutely nothing to achieve that perfection. You on the other hand keep on a tryn' Terry to help folks out and that's MUCH better as to err is human,thanx-John PS-ifn' ya go drywashing a good quality dust mask is mandatory to prevent Desert Valley Fever as a killer,CDC has the details and it's ugly......

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

    Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6,699
    7369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Those who are perfect terry do absolutely nothing to achieve that perfection. You on the other hand keep on a tryn' Terry to help folks out and that's MUCH better as to err is human,thanx-John PS-ifn' ya go drywashing a good quality dust mask is mandatory to prevent Desert Valley Fever as a killer,CDC has the details and it's ugly......
    Tnx for the pat on the back, John. We should all be like a sponge....soak it up till full.... then give it back. We were all newbies at one time. I choose to give it back. Also, That Valley Fever hit one of the guys at the Stanton Camp last year. BOOM, he was in the hospital. Could have been bad if not properly diagnosed, but the hospitals around here see enough cases to keep it "in the radar". Tnx again. TTC
    I went to the grocery store. There was a sign on the door. No food or drinks inside...... so I went home.

  8. #8
    us
    Oct 2012
    Southern California
    A cheap little Bounty Hunter
    450
    290 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's right.
    I use disposable welding smoke masks.
    In all the advancing we can do to improve this world, the sharing of knowledge and wisdom is the most important.
    We stand on the shoulders of giants.
    I am so glad I joined this Message board.
    If I post anything that inspires anyone to do better mining then me, I did my part.
    And If anyone inspires me to try something new, or better, I thank them now.

  9. #9

    Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    443
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John
    Those who are perfect terry do absolutely nothing to achieve that perfection. You on the other hand keep on a tryn' Terry to help folks out and that's MUCH better as to err is human,thanx-John PS-ifn' ya go drywashing a good quality dust mask is mandatory to prevent Desert Valley Fever as a killer,CDC has the details and it's ugly......
    I got so dawn suck after a weekend of dry washing in Mojave with no mask. This was the only time I didn't use a mask and go figure. Out for almost 3 weeks coughing up a lung. Ughhh. Wear a mask!! One with a one way valve I would suggest.
    soupfreak and Aurabbit79er like this.

  10. #10

    Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    443
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondikeike
    Hello Plank...

    Welcome to the forum...

    The amount gold, you recover is directly proportional to the effort you put into it....plus knowing for sure, by lots of reseach and testing, one area after another, until you settle on an area that produces reasonable amounts of gold that you're satisfied with...then go for it !...Hopefully, you can figure a way to get out and try your hand at it... If you do...you'll be hook by the greatest healthy and fun addiction of a hobby in the world...

    Good luck to you....

    Klondike...
    Last weekend decided to do something different. Sample with my dry washer (Keene 151) to a bunch of different locations in Mojave. All with in a few miles of each other. Was really hoping to find a place I thought was good color so I can plant my dry washer but never found it. So I just kept moving to new places. Got kinda exhausting moving my gear all day for 4 days. But that's prospecting right.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-246424130.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	728.0 KB 
ID:	708758

    This was from this last weekend. 4 days and moving a lot of material. Not to happy with the results but I didn't strike out! Lol
    TerryC and TimC like this.

  11. #11
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

    Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6,699
    7369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowyellow View Post
    Last weekend decided to do something different. Sample with my dry washer (Keene 151) to a bunch of different locations in Mojave. All with in a few miles of each other. Was really hoping to find a place I thought was good color so I can plant my dry washer but never found it. So I just kept moving to new places. Got kinda exhausting moving my gear all day for 4 days. But that's prospecting right.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-246424130.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	728.0 KB 
ID:	708758

    This was from this last weekend. 4 days and moving a lot of material. Not to happy with the results but I didn't strike out! Lol
    Don't knock it, M-Y. Some guys out east can only DREAM of that much gold. Tnx for the pic, friend. TTC
    Desertphile likes this.
    I went to the grocery store. There was a sign on the door. No food or drinks inside...... so I went home.

  12. #12

    Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    443
    126 times
    Amen TC, def not gonna complain. Ok maybe just a littttle.. Lol. My bud took over my hole when I thought it was done, and later that day, he found a nugget in the hole I was working. Just one more foot into the bank. Happy for him, but dang, I did all the heavy work for him! Guess that's prospecting as well.

    That PCSC claim I was working still puts out great gold and I'm taking pretty good sized nuggets. Next time I am not leavin that area. All my buds pulled out pickers and I was down the gulch hauling my gear around from spot to spot looking for the big pickle.

    Lesson learned here:::: don't move spots when your finding gold! Hahaha.

  13. #13

    Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    443
    126 times
    Hey TC, this is for you. Told you I'm not nearly as good looking as you in my dress uniform!! Hahaha.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-553384129.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	455.3 KB 
ID:	709324
    TerryC likes this.

  14. #14
    us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, F19 and the Falcon
    903
    1259 times
    Prospecting
    With enough hard work, I bet one day you find a big ol' nugget that shines just like those shoes Scott. They teach you to buff out leather like that in the fire academy? I heard you LA boys are hard core for sure!

  15. #15

    Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    443
    126 times
    Yo Rob,

    From your mouth to Gods ears as my mom would say. Hope all the hard workers find some big nugs.. I sure know, one day I will find it. Thanks for the cheers!

    Yup, this is true... We can be a bit aggressive on the fire attack side. Part of the gig right.. Go hard. You know brotha...

    Hope all is well.
    Scott

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I want to make a vacuum fed drywasher
    By Jack Hamilton in forum Drywashing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Nov 04, 2012, 02:20 PM
  2. This is no way to make money...
    By Kevo_DFX in forum Garage Sale Finds!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2011, 07:53 PM
  3. Can you really make any money doing this?
    By greencopper in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Aug 06, 2008, 12:05 PM
  4. How Much Money Can You Make
    By PLC-Landscape in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2007, 11:00 PM
  5. Can you make much money doing this?
    By Martin(Hull) in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2006, 08:21 AM

Search tags for this page

best gold drywasher
,
drywasher gold southern ca
,
drywashing for gold mask
,

gold dry washer

,

how much gold can you get dry washing

,
how to build a dry washer
,

how to build a drywasher for gold

,

how to build a gold drywasher

,

how to make a drywasher for gold

,
making a living with a drywasher
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0