OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Seems T net is having some mechanical issues. Lol. Will not let me write a full post.

Anyway, like I was saying. I tend to go the opposite way of the Chiapas and drive down the hill toward "Tim can alley" and around the narrows sometimes.. Seems the dirt is much easier to run. I always have gold in my pan but always the same.. Pepper and small flakes. Seems I am just moving tailings from one place to another eh!

Anyone know of a good area in benson to work. I'm ready for something a bit more than pepper. Not that I'm complaining, lol. Just got da FEVA!

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mellow, I'm not familiar with the area yet. Are you working on other clubs claims or is it open land? I was up at the crystal claim #2 yesterday. Very nice weather finally. Detected up and down one of the hills with no luck. I know it's big for drywashing because of the decaying granite underground, but I always hope there are some nuggets still left.

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
MrLee said:
Mellow, I'm not familiar with the area yet. Are you working on other clubs claims or is it open land? I was up at the crystal claim #2 yesterday. Very nice weather finally. Detected up and down one of the hills with no luck. I know it's big for drywashing because of the decaying granite underground, but I always hope there are some nuggets still left.

Just workin on the PCSC claim, I'm a member. Also work the opposite side if the canyon which is open land. Seems red Chiapas is less flake and bigger chunks, just less frequent. The other side of the canyon has more smaller gold and lots of it. But it's sure small. I guess whateva is your flavor, going to the harder to get big ones or a lot of the pepper.. Hmmm

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
BTW, going to benson canyon mojave for 3 nights prospecting with some of my san fernando gold prospector buds. We will be there last weekend of October. I believe 27 28th. pat Keene will be there and he always brings the bomb grub! Lol

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mellow, I just passed there this afternoon on my way back from Gem-o-rama, but me and the kids were too exhausted from 2 days of digging halite crystals in the sun. I'm definitely going to make a trip back up to the 6' Under claim.

Have you used your GB up there or just drywashing?

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
MrLee said:
Mellow, I just passed there this afternoon on my way back from Gem-o-rama, but me and the kids were too exhausted from 2 days of digging halite crystals in the sun. I'm definitely going to make a trip back up to the 6' Under claim.

Have you used your GB up there or just drywashing?

Sounds you and the kids had a blast a d I hope u found some halite. Plz post pics if u can. :)
6 under claim, do you like it? Never been there, is that a PCSC claim? I have only taken advantage of the red Chiapas.

I have gone metal detectin width my GB once or twice, I mainly use it for tailings only. I have yet to find a nug with a detector. Seems there is an art form to learning it to be able to pick up hits that are very faint. I def née to re read the manual again. As a friend pointed out a few dad ago, I can be lazy and want things now. LOL. I would rather be throwing dirt any day of the week, but don't mind a few hours swinging

What clubs are you part of?

Do u like costs Mesa? The wife and I are thinking about moving to redondo, manhattan, seal beach or costs Mesa. We want to be close to the water.

Anyway, sorry for blabbing. Nice to meet another SoCal prospector. Lets get out there sometime brother.

Scott

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Great time this weekend in mojave desert. PCSC claim. The San Fernando prospectors really did well this trip. First 10 minutes out one of the guys detected a half ounce nugget a bout a foot off the road! Llollol. My self, and about 4 others found nice size pickers and nuggets. We worked hard for it breaking up bed rock most of the days... My lil nugget was half a penny weight. She's purrrrdy! I will post a pic tomorrow when I clean it off and recover.. Man down! Beat to hell, and can't wait till next month boys.

Thanks for the Tri tip PK.. It's was goooood eatins Cory, thanks for the lessons.

Good times..

Mellow Y

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Well here's the picture of gold I have recovered in mojave. About 6 weekend trips worth. Found the biggest piece this las weekend. There's still alot of gold in the mojave that's fo sure. Shall I keep talking to myself, hahahahaha.

image-2249033899.jpg

image-611395888.jpg

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is some good gold in the narrows if you can find a spot to work drywash the overburden then vacuume up the cracks!
DSCF1849.JPG

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Nice chunky gold! You got from the narrows? I hae been back to the narrows, where they start, but never been through it, I was a bit nervous with my new truck, lol.

I have worked by the narrows. Just left of it, you got up a 50 foot hill, and there's a old gultch there.

What do u use to vacuum? A dry washer? I have a big Keene 151, I was thinking about finding a battery vaccum it one exists. Thanks for responding. How long did it take u to find that gold. One day?

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Nice color ya got there mellow yellow. Congrats. You gotta first name? My buddy is a pcsc member and we've been up to Pats outings Found some nice gold up there also. I've been all over that area and the best color I've seen has been in the red chispa. Thanks for sharing the pics.

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Hey Captain Jack :) pleasure sir.... Yes, name is Scott. Have a pop up tent triller. I have been working that area about once every other month for a year. I really love to stay there for 2 or 3 nights.. The desolation is peaceful in its own mojave way eh..

The chunkier gold in the pick is from the red Chiapas, yup yup, love the Chiapas, but hard hard material to work with. The lighter gold is from across the canyon near the GPAA claim, lost nugget? (can't remember the GPAA claim name, never go there.)

Have you worked Golar gulch yet? I have not, but am curious to do some sampling there. Heard some good things. Have you? Any good areas you like and wanna share :)

Member of PCSC and OC 49ers as well. I want to be able to hit all the claims in that area. Down by the narrows is mostly 49ers claim. Have not worked the narrows either, it's way out there and looks like some hauling hear time there .. Ughh

We're all goin back last weekend of Nov, hope you make it!

Be well,
Scott

desrtrt

Oct 31, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey mellowyellow glad to see you on here. Also a pleasure to meet you and the rest of the group. The Red Chispa claim seemed to produce some decent color. Unfortunately I did not have much luck. I am definitely planning on going there more and with the PK group again. Probably sooner then the next outing.
I also have a GPS and we can take my truck to check out the other claims in the area. Do not want you to scratch that new truck :laughing7:.
Bobby is still grinning from my tannerite. ;D
I am thinking with your 151 and my little 140 we may need to go back soon and try to break a lot more of that hill soon.
Wayne

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Yo Wayne! Wus sup brother! Didn't know you we're on this site. Very cool. Our little army is growing, lol.

Sorry you didn't find much luck there last time. You'll get it. Other than that one clean out with the nugget and chunks, that hole I worked basically sucked. I am goin to check out some different areas next trip and try to find some good spots to dig. Maybe a bit farther off the path on other claims. You in? Possibly the gulch or even the narrows...

Bro those targets wee the bomb! Literally. I havnt stopped talking about them yet. Loved it!

I go to mojave a fair amount and most of the times I went alone. Be great if I had some company there from time to time. In the future lets plan a short weekend samplin trip there together. Your 140 is great for sampling, sometimes the 151 is just too clunky to drag around 10 different sample locations. We can use yours to locate, and once we do we bring the big boy in for more fire power.

All the best Wayne, and def see u there last weekend of the month.

Scott

desrtrt

Oct 31, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a good time. I would love to hit more of the other claims and do some extensive sampling.

After this trip I am looking for a good quad like I was riding, to get me farther and with all my equipment.

I think for the sampling we could get almost anywhere there with my truck. Besides with the long bed we could get your stuff and a large ice chest wherever we wanted to go. I also have a few friends begging to go. We could use them for the manual labor, LOL

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Sounds good. Well spend a day together checking some places out with our "haul team" lol. If I'm with you more than one day Bobby might get jealous! LOL

desrtrt

Oct 31, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We can drag him for the entertainment and info. Besides I think he would jump at the idea. We may regret it though. LOL
According to everyone I spoke to he is good at reading the area.

desrtrt

Oct 31, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We can drag him for the entertainment and info. Besides I think he would jump at the idea. We may regret it though. LOL
According to everyone I spoke to he is good at reading the area.

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice chunky gold! You got from the narrows? I hae been back to the narrows, where they start, but never been through it, I was a bit nervous with my new truck, lol.

I have worked by the narrows. Just left of it, you got up a 50 foot hill, and there's a old gultch there.

What do u use to vacuum? A dry washer? I have a big Keene 151, I was thinking about finding a battery vaccum it one exists. Thanks for responding. How long did it take u to find that gold. One day?

We used a modified keene rope pull / bellows version drywasher , Dug on a side bank with bedrock exposed for most of the day & Vacuumed the cracks before we left. (homemade vacuume w/echo pb250 leaf blower motor) One day trip just below Mormon Gluch .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread