Drywashing The Mojave

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
nice! now go back and find its brothers and sisters. got to love those little bonuses you get at the end of the day when ya bleep your hole n piles!

good luck.

Yes sir, does look like it has a few broken brothers and sister lying around somewhere eh! I'm gonna go back and try and piece the family all together again! Lol

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
digging holes

View attachment 753865 View attachment 753866 View attachment 753867 View attachment 753868

most of the time theres another waiting for ya, hope ya find a whole pile. love that randsburg gold.

we have been drywashing for about 3 weeks now, havnt found much more than crumbs. we are getting ready to get back to hard rock mining. few pics of digs were on to keep
this thread rolling.
we are gonna work our way out of the area we are in now over the next week, maybe we will hit a pocket on our way.

good luck

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mellow, I"m with RC on this one how do ya find out where the claims are? dont wanna ger a new hole in my head! Or owe the feds/owner royalties

Steg, LR2000 and BLM maps. Pain in the ass to cross reference, but worth knowing how to do.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rain!!!!!!! done with the dry washer heading back out prospecting hard rock. no gold pics this time.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to my claim in East Mojave in a few days, to run the modified Keene dry washer for about 30 days. I have a 5 acre mill site claim next to the 20 acre placer claim, where I have set up a hand-operated stamp (good exercise for a fat old fart like myself).

The Keene dry washer is okay to work with but I made some modifications.

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to my claim in East Mojave in a few days, to run the modified Keene dry washer for about 30 days. I have a 5 acre mill site claim next to the 20 acre placer claim, where I have set up a hand-operated stamp (good exercise for a fat old fart like myself).

The Keene dry washer is okay to work with but I made some modifications.

Next modification, Kitty cam!

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
Mellow, were in the Gulch? Is is a claim. I am afraid to try those areas in fear of claim jumping. Do you know of any realiable maps showing wher claims are? Thanks, CT

I been having the same problem and heard about this site..... It was about $18 computer download one time and they update the info 3 to 4 times a year..... It checked out pretty good by me here in AZ but only had it about a week now. any body else used this and can give an opinion...... computer for everything or new gps sd card for a few states just coning out
don't know the company personally but needed something so i wasn't claim jumping and couldn't find anything else.
Joe
Link to site:
Where to Find Gold | Gold Maps for Prospecting | Gold Claims*US Gold Maps | Essential Gold Mapping Tools | Active & Abandoned Claims

2013-03-20_0108.png

ctodd

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Corona, CA
Detector(s) used
Royal drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone go out this past weekend? I was at the Red Dog claim in Coolgardie. Arived late and had to leave early. Was only able to run 6-7 buckets. Got about 7 fly poops. Is this about average? I had some questions about the Mojave. Do you guys only dig down to the top of the caliche layer or into it? Looking into some of the old mine shafts, they seem to be 60-70 feet deep. Were they digging to layers below the caliche? Do you guys process all of the material on top of the caliche or only the 3-4 inches closest to it. I tried to scrape away the top foot or so and run the material closest to the caliche layer. Also do you guys try to break up the caliche and run it? Seems like a lot of work. Are there alternating layers of soft and caliche levels? Thanks for any response. I will probabley post these questions on several boards. So, forgive the redondancy.

Last edited:

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ctodd ya there going down a seam or hunting bedrock, On my claim the veins were left alone (1903) and they went for the face of the volcanic tube (pushed up 100mill years ago by monster earth quakes (pushed up 11673 feet)) .. Any hoo mine is at 6700 feet dry as a bone i have drywashed it and gone back to the Tube, the Quartz has yielded 4 oz of gold and I've only processed 20 lbs of ore (by hand) just got my Crusher working,, and i have 400 or more lbs of Vein with visible gold to grind up,, but I've noticed I'm going to have to go into the "Tube" at the rock face. I also learned that there are Torbernite crystals the size of pinheads but still they are Uranium, so an air pump will soon follow.. I love the dry washes out here tho and have found some gold in most areas of good bendy washes.

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out to our Yellowbird claim with the club tomorrow. I won't be drywashing though, bringing the Goldbug and gonna find some gold!

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last month I spent 28 days in East Mojave Desert, working a dry washer on one of my three mineral claims. Oddly enough, the copper tailings dump produced more recovered gold than the gold talings dump. :-)

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert, nice to hear because I have been finding copper on our claim. Although a satellite look at the Mojave will show copper stained mountains all over.

BTW, how much gold did you get?

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All this wonderfull dryness no one drywashing ?

I guess Me and the guys will pack out our drywasher out of the hills, breakdown the front tires on the tortoise and put some new used skins on, the drivers sides tire is showing threads!!
And we will head out into the Dale for some dry washing get you guys some hole digging n gold pics!!!!

Watch now that I post this, it will rain for a week !!
good luck

6/7 no rain yet we are heading out tomorrow to drywash, only have a few weeks till monsoons and wet dirt.
hope to have some gold pics!!!!

Last edited:

vasalone

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW

Are all the modern prospectors dead? Jeeze if we want to keep this historical heritage going, ya'll need to add in here... or are you to busy watching beyonce's ass wag? Damn thought I was with common souls here...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread