drywashing contest
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: drywashing contest

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,030
    1941 times

    drywashing contest

    we should get this settled once and for all the whole power vs hand power,
    I think having a contest to see wich is best would be better than all this chatter.

    all you are showing is a bunch of backyard crap, lets get a couple machines out in the real world side by side and see what they will really do.
    it would be intresting to see the results man vs machine.

  2. #2
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

    Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2,033
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    we should get this settled once and for all the whole power vs hand power,
    I think having a contest to see wich is best would be better than all this chatter.

    all you are showing is a bunch of backyard crap, lets get a couple machines out in the real world side by side and see what they will really do.
    it would be intresting to see the results man vs machine.
    If you’re going to do a comparison being side by side will not work unless you just testing how much material you can run in a given time frame. But to see how much gold is recovered from one machine to the next you would need to use the same material and know how much gold weight your dealing with. Then one can see how much one machine is working against the other machine.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”



  3. #3
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,030
    1941 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    If you’re going to do a comparison being side by side will not work unless you just testing how much material you can run in a given time frame. But to see how much gold is recovered from one machine to the next you would need to use the same material and know how much gold weight your dealing with. Then one can see how much one machine is working against the other machine.
    would just like to put one machine against the other, rake classify material, see who does 30 buckets 1/2 full the quickest.

    dont believe theres any differance in gold recovery a dry washer is a drywasher powered or not.

    i have both types of machines.

  4. #4
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

    Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2,033
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    would just like to put one machine against the other, rake classify material, see who does 30 buckets 1/2 full the quickest.

    dont believe theres any differance in gold recovery a dry washer is a drywasher powered or not.

    i have both types of machines.
    Someone in these forums believes he can test drywashers side by side to see how much gold can be recovered and not realize that each shovel full may or may not hold the same gold value. Then boast one DW is better than the other DW due to collecting more gold.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”



  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    16,888
    23018 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    15-full buckets? When the motorized drywasher is finished, you'll still have at least six buckets left to run with an old hand-cranker - and be tired! Think about it for a second. If a motor blowing air was not faster and easier, why would the machines exist? The old-timers would have killed for a motorized blower!

  6. #6
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,030
    1941 times
    you guys win.

  7. #7
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

    Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2,033
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    you guys win.
    Gold Tramp its not about winning... The principal design of a powered or a puffer drywasher is basically the same from one brand of DW to the next DW. It really comes down to the finish and how that DW is setup in regards to being level side to side, angle of the recovery box, and feed rate. But to say one DW is better than the other based on these particulars is non-sense, but a powered DW verses a hand crank DW I would prefer powered. Then throw in the noise is another obstacle, I built a Vac / Blower using the newest Echo blower. The nice thing with the blower I chose is it has a Catalytic muffler and is quieter then other Echo Vac / Blower I built a view years ago.
    DizzyDigger likes this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”



  8. #8
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,030
    1941 times
    would like to ask how many buckets have you guys dug and run in the last 30 days ?

    i was just looking to have a little fun like they used to do back in the days of the old county fair.

    you guys take mining to serious, that takes all the romance out of roaming the hills prospecting, old timers would be ashamed of what some folks call mining now days.

  9. #9
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

    Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2,033
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    would like to ask how many buckets have you guys dug and run in the last 30 days ?

    i was just looking to have a little fun like they used to do back in the days of the old county fair.

    you guys take mining to serious, that takes all the romance out of roaming the hills prospecting, old timers would be ashamed of what some folks call mining now days.

    I and one other have used my Vac and recovered 12 full 5 gallon buckets from peeling layers of rock back to exposed the rock and dirt within the crevices and have yet to classify any of it. Lots of work using steel wedges, sledge hammers, and picks. Need to setup a recirculating sluice.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”



  10. #10
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    16,888
    23018 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    would like to ask how many buckets have you guys dug and run in the last 30 days ?

    i was just looking to have a little fun like they used to do back in the days of the old county fair.

    you guys take mining to serious, that takes all the romance out of roaming the hills prospecting, old timers would be ashamed of what some folks call mining now days.
    In the last thirty-days, none. In the last thirty years, more than I can remember. I'm just giving you my opinion GT, not trying to take the "fun" out of it for you. I prospect for money, not fun. Gold prospecting is hard work, not fun. Being out in the desert is fun. If you enjoy digging ditches, then you should enjoy the "romance" of placer gold mining.

  11. #11
    us
    Keith

    Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    876
    355 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    would like to ask how many buckets have you guys dug and run in the last 30 days ?

    i was just looking to have a little fun like they used to do back in the days of the old county fair.

    you guys take mining to serious, that takes all the romance out of roaming the hills prospecting, old timers would be ashamed of what some folks call mining now days.
    I am new to this, but I would think that the old timers would be jealous. They obviously did what they did to make a living.
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

  12. #12
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,030
    1941 times
    i had the good fortune to have known a couple of oldtime miners, they went over the Divide very poor, but left behind holes that they hacked out of mnts with bare hands.
    they had more pride in the holes they dug and talked more about the dig than the gold that they found.

    they also left behind a heck of a testament to one mans abilatys to go after something know matter how hard the job.
    Goodyguy and Dustedyou like this.

  13. #13
    us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    5,847
    6666 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As a past manufacturer of drywashers and inventor of offset elliptical vibration under our PESCO banner I can attest to the following. We went to dozens of contests,ran 100s of side by side demos over a 12 year period and not once did a puffer ever come even within 50% of volume or 60% of retention. Puffer is like throwing sand in the air and praying the wind carries away the bad stuff. Constant flow creates a liquidified--albeit dry-fluidized bed and that offset elliptical throw makes the lighters materials go. Go briggs with a simple low tone muffler and them mini blowers scream is eliminated. John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	775011  

  14. #14
    us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    2,807
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    I never noticed you in the pouch
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

  15. #15
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,030
    1941 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    As a past manufacturer of drywashers and inventor of offset elliptical vibration under our PESCO banner I can attest to the following. We went to dozens of contests,ran 100s of side by side demos over a 12 year period and not once did a puffer ever come even within 50% of volume or 60% of retention. Puffer is like throwing sand in the air and praying the wind carries away the bad stuff. Constant flow creates a liquidified--albeit dry-fluidized bed and that offset elliptical throw makes the lighters materials go. Go briggs with a simple low tone muffler and them mini blowers scream is eliminated. John

    Attachment 775117Attachment 775116Attachment 775119Attachment 775120

    Heres a couple sand piles we tossed into the air.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 13, 2017, 05:51 PM
  2. Good day drywashing
    By geneo in forum Drywashing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
  3. Drywashing spots
    By Gramps43 in forum Drywashing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 03, 2011, 07:18 PM
  4. I need some tips on drywashing?
    By john glassman in forum Drywashing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2010, 10:35 PM
  5. drywashing
    By northoceanbeach in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2004, 10:35 PM

Search tags for this page

demo gold buddy dry washer

,

gold drywasher demos

,

should i classify for drywashing

,

trommel

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0