Setup Question

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
We are heading to AZ for a week to prospect on our claim. We will be using a recirculating sluice to process our material and a homemade trommel to classify it to 1/2 inch. My question is how many 5 gallon buckets of 1/2 inch material can 2 people make in a day. We were wondering. If it was better to spend the day at the claim classifying through the trommel and bringing it back home to process or haul water and set it up the recirculator at the claim.

nmhunter

Apr 27, 2013
Truth or consequences New Mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the amount of material you can classify depends on a lot of different variables. Besides your physical conditioning and how hard you plan to work, the biggest variable is in the material itself. I drywash in primarily 2 areas. One is much sandier and I process around 80-100 buckets in a day fairly easy day. The other has a lot of caliche and I can only process perhaps 50 buckets working much much harder. Both areas would require way too much water to run a recirc system since the water would get way too muddy to be running through the pump effectively.
I then bring all my concentrates home and run them through a gold cube at a latter date.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
I will be digging in a wash with mostly gravels. So for 2 people should I figure roughly 75-125 buckets of unclassified buckets? Thanks.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would classify at the claim, and recirculate at the claim if you are running our stock wash material.
I bring some of mine home and pan, or use my sluice,but could be done in the field.
I don't have a claim so I don't set up in the field. Test areas and bring home.
My material around here is not that dirty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread