homebuilt 12v vibratory classifier video

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

outstanding.gif
Neat!

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have 2 of those electric vibrating devices that are sitting in my garage(unused), but they are 120vac but I really like your idea on this table!
Thanks, Russ. I'm now working on a modification which will separate the various sizes into individual buckets. What I started out trying to do was build a continuous-feed classifier. The current unit works fine, but you have to put a couple of shovelfuls in, and then dump the screens into the appropriate buckets, and then another shovelful, etc. The best system is one where you just keep shoveling, and the tails run out, and the various sizes go into the individual buckets. Coming up with that system has turned into a bigger project than I was expecting, but I'll get it done, eventually. I may need the next size larger vibration unit for that.
One benefit of the current system is you can check the oversize, as you dump, for large gems.
Jim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread