New keene 140?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You run at many differing angles for all the different types of rocks /materials run. Rounded ez--sharper angular slower more angle,fractured shale pure misery. Simply look down this forum as quite a few videos here already so invest the time and look. Should like like water flowing over a sluicebox riffles,just air suspension instead of water-John

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I recently picked up a new 140, but I am unsure as to the angle
and rate it should be ran... If anyone has a 140 and could share the number of full chain lengths they
run it from the spring for maximum recovery I would appreciate any tips. Thanks.

I believe that a couple guys in Valley Prospectors run 140's, one
is a hearing impaired fellow named Gary, and he has his running
like a dream machine. Also pretty sure that Jeremy does some
classes, and he can get you dialed in on the dirt in that area.

John is spot on (as always!). Basically though, from my limited
experience you want to adjust the tray so the material flows
right over the riffles, but isn't blowing out either. Once you
establish the right angle, set the feed to maintain a nice flow
and not overload the riffles.

That big 140 will keep you and Alex digging full-time so's
you can keep up with it...:occasion14:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you guys got a D/W. The Keene 140 is a cool little rig .Dust masks !! Valley fever can kick your @$$. BTW there are spots at the EFSG where you can do really well D/W'ing.

adsway01

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Burbank, CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's Surf Dual Field PI, Falcon MD20, Keene highbanker/dredge, Royal Drywasher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go to the EFSG frequently and I just got a DW'er. Would you give me a clue where I can DW there? Any help would be great.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a new 140s, and have run a couple of time, nice machine. What is "EFGS"?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EFGS is a stupid typo,LOL. EFSG however, is the East Fork of the San Gabriel. Best of luck cpo

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bro ( can't stop saying bro, bro)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

adsway01

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Burbank, CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's Surf Dual Field PI, Falcon MD20, Keene highbanker/dredge, Royal Drywasher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EFGS is a stupid typo,LOL. EFSG however, is the East Fork of the San Gabriel. Best of luck cpo

Typo's are mistakes or transpositions of letters (as in this case) and have no bearing on a person's intelligence. In some rare cases they can be signs of Dyslexia or of visual processing problems, but usually just a sign of fingers in the wrong place at the wrong time or a hyper vigilant spell checker. Please be kind to others and yourself by being tolerant of others' short comings, and mistakes. When one is called "stupid" it hurts their feelings and causes them to develop an internal self image of themselves as being stupid. This practice is hurtful to ourselves with negative self talk, others in passing, and especially with children developing their own sense of self. Let's try to be kind to those in our lives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread