Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The "Gold Drum"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    Hard Prospector, you can go to most metal shops that have a CNC plasma cutter and have the outer ring cut from 1/4" plate cause this edge is going to take a beating. Once you remove the cone from the drum measure the ID of the drum and have the ring cut to the ID, then have the next cut 1" smaller so that you have a ring. Tack weld the ring in a number of locations around the ring.
    DizzyDigger and Aufisher like this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, F19 and the Falcon
    1256 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for that Keith and BTW, hope the shoulder over-haul is still holding up the way it should.
    Take care and good to hear from you.....Rob
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    2024 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    I know this is an old thread but I was just looking around and came across it and thought I would add my 2 dwt.

I would put a classifying sluice like a high banker at the outfall of this thing..... The amount of fine gold loss is astonishing....
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Dec 2015
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

cool idea

Just a crazy thought....I was thinking about how the gold would settle or would it walk up the side of the material on the bottom. Made me think of how a spiral gold wheel works. All the gold settles to the bottom, and only walks up due to the spirals catching it. Which led me to further think....what if,,,WHAT IF....the back of this drum instead of being smooth, had spirals just like the spiral wheel concentrator? The combination of the classifying action and a spiral gold wheel is what I see here. Would take a bit of tweeking, but Ill bet it would work.
    bobw53 likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, F19 and the Falcon
    1256 times
    Prospecting
    Last year I bought a portable electric cement mixer from Home depot. The only time I use it is when I need to break down lots of caliche before drywashing. The 110v-1/2hp motor runs well on a small generator and one guy can move in around with out the assistance of 3 well fed gorillas. Tossing in a couple of bowling ball sized chunks of iron stone or granite really does a number on the caliche. When the consistency looks right, I just dump the drum of reduced material into a mortar tub (sometimes a wheel barrow) and drag or push it over to the drywasher and start a run.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3740 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It would be better if it agitated left and right 1/3 of a turn like a clothes washing machine I believe, because the gold could just settle to the bottom instead of being constantly churned up to the top. Looks like a good idea but his new one using the washer into a sluice looks great
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=X-MLlI_MIY8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links