Good bye Royal! Hello Keene....

Mike Gibson

Jun 7, 2014
San Diego, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im getting rid of the Royal Large Drywasher to make room for the new Keene 140S thats soon to be released. I think the Royal is well built and all, I just do not like the fact that the riffle grid snaps down and you can still see a very small void on the sides of the riffles. For a machine so nice and expensive you figure they would have a *****in one piece tray that slides out like the Keene Drywasher.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agreed, if my Royals had a (easily) removable riffle tray they would be about perfect. I hate pulling that thing out, so after every 2-3 buckets of run material I use a tiny wisk w/ dust pan to clean out the first 3 riffle traps then pan it down to see where I stand. Works great

OP
OP
Mike Gibson

Mike Gibson

Jun 7, 2014
San Diego, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Robert @ Royal should listen to his customers and make an optional slide in riffle tray.

socalal99

Jan 26, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also have the large Royal. When I do a clean out, I always have to muscle the riffle assembly upward because small sand particles clog the gap between the riffle and sides, so I doubt gold is being lost from that area.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think Robert @ Royal should listen to his customers and make an optional slide in riffle tray.

I know he gets that question a lot at the shows, saw someone drop a Gold Buddy riffle tray into one of his drywashers last year as a joke (think it was either the Lancaster or Vegas show) I doubt he thought it was funny but a bunch of us hanging about sure thought it was.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a pig of a spottie in your picture, Mission Bay I'm guessing?

OP
OP
Mike Gibson

Mike Gibson

Jun 7, 2014
San Diego, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
San Diego Bay. Days off the boat I sometimes go bay fishing. Working on the Pacific Star this season.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Making a living on a sport fisher.....Obviously your no stranger to hard work, any jack pot I may win always goes to the crew.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im getting rid of the Royal Large Drywasher to make room for the new Keene 140S thats soon to be released. I think the Royal is well built and all, I just do not like the fact that the riffle grid snaps down and you can still see a very small void on the sides of the riffles. For a machine so nice and expensive you figure they would have a *****in one piece tray that slides out like the Keene Drywasher.

I will most likley make this choice in the coming years as my old arm just isnt what it used to be, may retire the handcrank keene for a power tool, just for buffing out big dirtwashins, i will always have the old hand cranker for puttin around little diggins i just like it.
Have used the old Keenes for years they make a good tough product you can throw rocks at them all day no problem, miner approved.
GT................

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
know squat about the Royal, but have the keene 140 for some 15 years and been happy with the performace, will have to look into this 140s

Socal85toyota

Mar 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold
SD2200
GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425785884.172953.jpg 140s owner :)

OP
OP
Mike Gibson

Mike Gibson

Jun 7, 2014
San Diego, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Socal. Could you share some more pictures? Does it have the Blast Gate? Is the riffle tray one piece or 3 different layers that come out individually?

Socal85toyota

Mar 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold
SD2200
GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry mike driving out to the desert now, that's the only picture I have right now. Has blast gate and 1 piece riffle tray.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 140s a month ago . It does have an adjustable blast gate, and the riffle tray has a soft material pad that does come out, not attached to the tray. It's a really nice machine, I'm just looking for some decent gold areas. I've been going out to Cajon pass. There's gold there, but it's so small, not much there, argh!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread