darn bees - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: darn bees

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    13481 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Just get a Bug-A-Salt gun and have a ball! Use mine on yellowjackets around the apple tree, and black flies on the beach.
    Ditto Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	1747451
    RustyRelics and mytimetoshine like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    16951 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post

I'm gonna have to report you. An as'salt' weapon, with plans to commit mass bee murder...oh yeah, you're gonna get reported.
    RTR likes this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

Bullets wanted! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tr...ml#post6272084

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post

love mine!
    RTR likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer Gold Hog Piglet highbanker Home made slate miller table
    457 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    I accidentally stumbled on a way to get rid of an inground yellow jacket nest. I was cutting grass and I noticed a few yellow jackets entering a hole in the ground on a bank between our house and our neighbors. The hole was nearly the size of a quarter. I sprayed the hole well with foaming wasp spray and ran like a Democrat from a Trump rally getting stung in the process. I hate those things (yellow jackets). Home Depot sells a wasp and hornet trap made by the company Rescue. They are a long octagon shape sticky trap, green in color, and these had boys work. They are designed to be hung. I located the exit hole in the ground to the next not far from the entrance. I had an old broom handle and I carefully rammed it in the ground next to the second hole. I then slid the handle through the center of the trap to hold it upright. I then sprayed the entrance hole again and a few days later the trap was completely covered and the next was empty. These traps really work. If you have a bee or wasp problem check these out.
    Yellowjackets are always harassing me. I use these traps in my yard and they work great! I have also found that if you put out freshly baited traps in the spring, it catches the queens as they are out looking for a nesting spot. No queens, no nests! This summer I had no yj's in my yard until just a few loners started showing up in September so I trapped them as well. Trapping the queens has made a world of difference in my yard the past couple summers, and my neighbors probably appreciate it too.

Aug 2019
    48 times
    This weekend I discovered that while my little brew keeps bees away fairly well, it does absolutely nothing for tarantula hawks.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    13481 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    love mine!
    W/in the last 2 days I took-out 70 stink bugs trying to find a way inside for the winter.Trick is, you gotta hit them up close & from the side (placing shot between the upper & lower shells)...Works like a charm

us
    Oct 2012
    Palmdale , CA
    Goldbug 2
    25 times
    Prospecting
    The best way I found is with EZ up with a screen around it .
    I did have a BEE problem.............
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1546.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	1758476
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1541.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	1758477
    Hard Prospector likes this.