Does anyone else watch Hoarder TV shows and.......

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Catobra

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't watch the show, but a few times in the past while working for auction houses I've had the fortune of picking through a hoarders house to prepare the good stuff for auction. Talk about a blast. I wish I had a list of hoarders and could offer their family money for the contents of some of those homes. :)

Nice to know it aint just me : )

watson8715

Dec 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate the show and the people are gross and should be locked away, especially the ones with kids.

It's often a symptom of mental illness. The new coming DSM will have it listed as a mental illness by itself. So that's kinda crappy to say, since these people can't help it. In all the shows I've seen I've only ever seen one person who was only hoarding out of laziness, he told them they could throw it all out.

OP
OP
Catobra

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muskrat hunters? Really? Hunting Muskrats? What's next?:tongue3:

Forget I asked, I don't want to know. :BangHead:

I'll stomach Hoarders over hunting shows anyday. I am ok with hunters/hunting/killing animals as long as the kill is eaten and not done only for sport, but even then I don't want to watch it. I like animals too much.....

Not sure what's next, but there's already so much out there to choose from : )

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother keeps telling me that I am a hoarder that I should get rid of my stuff. My mom's shrink says I am a hoarder and I told her that she doesn't know me. I am a collector. I actually have over 15 boxes of stuff that I want to put into a yardsale and no one wants to help me out with it. I do have my vices. I like books, but I don't keep every single one I buy. I like coin collecting and I am willing to get rid of some of my coins I bought as a teen and no longer want. I am a writer and I have thrown away reams of paper to be recycled. We cleaned out our garage last year and my brother was mad when I actually started climbing back into teh dumpster and pulled out stuff. But I mean if I can get 50 cents or a penny for it, why not. After the yard sale if there is anything worthwhile, then I will donate it to goodwill.

Sincerely, GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the show american hoggers. eeesh, especially since I found out that there are boars here in michigan. Told my brother that there is no limit to hunting those things here in michigan as long as there is a hunting season in effect, which there almost always is one. but has a survival teacher Ron Hood once said, If you kill it, you have to eat it.

Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread