OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Christmas in April

I had spoke with couple earlier in the day about noticing several large black trash bags. They informed me that they are moving and everything was/is going to the dump.. I sort of looking in the black bags and ready didn't see much. But that afternoon, walking out back in the ally when I notice a couple's with their gauge door open and they were simply throwing stuff into the back of the S10 pickup..
"Mind If I Have A Look?" They replied, "Sure it's all trash anyway" You could have fooled me.. and after all it is April..
This isn't trash.. (I whispered to myself)

• Shakespeare "Ugly Stick" w/ Pro-Aim Fishing pole
  • South Bend Graflex Pole w/ Zebco 33 cast
  • Small Plano tackle box (small assortment of lures)
  • Pipe bender (5 feet tall/long)
  • US Navy Uniform (large Blue/Grey Camo)
  • Bell Bicycle tire foot pump
  • Unopened Hampton Bay 252550 light fixture
  • Unopened Betty Crocker 12 cup coffee marker
  • Coleman 10 Cooler
  • 2 Abalone Pocket Knifes
  • "Ever Smoke" smokeless cigarettes with 1 box of refiles

So.. I'm feeling that I should have went through those "Black plastic Bags" I noted a few days ago.. anyway, I walked away with all of it.. or at least making several trip back and forth. This isn't the first time I've caught others in the area simple throwing stuff out..

As always.. PM offers..

Last edited:
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Pardon me.. But If I'm not mistaken.. Jeff informed me that I could simply state that if I have an item.. anyone can "PM" offers I think we went through this before and I was allowed to do so..

Last edited by Tnmountains; Mar 29, 2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Stone you must be a charter member to sell,,thanks nice find

Then you're going to have to ban me/my account there isn't anything in the rules that states that I can't take private messages for anything I find.. or does TN moderate/spy on PM's also..

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry You need to take what I said More Literal

You can do what you want in PM's as long as nobody says anything about it online
or in reports.

In other words If you contact a Non charter member by PM and ask them to sell
or offer to sell them something they want,
or If someone contacts you by PM and asks you to sell something you have,

RE: asks you to sell to them, or them to sell to you

You can do what you want, as long as neither one of you hit Report this Message.
If you are reported you will be officially warned !!!! & if it continues.
more action may be taken. liike loss of PM Privlages or outright ban.

You can even (In Theory) Sell Via E-MAIL & Take us out of the process all together. you can do whatever you want in Emails !!!!

However as a Non charter member you cannot advertise anything for sale on TreasureNet.

This part has no Holes
8-)

And Charter member or Not you cannot spam people in PM's.

#1. In other words as Moderators it is our Duty to tell you only Charter Members can Sell on ThreasureNet.

#2. Private/Personal Messages are Private/Personal messages. as long as nobody
who receives one sends a copy of it to us via Report this Message

#3. So in Theory, a Non Charter member can sell Via PM. as long as we do not hear about it from some one. add to this if a Member gets ripped off by a Non-Charter Member while doing an under the table deal, You were warned . non Charter members cannot sell here, so what ever happens is between the two of you. Don't cry online .

Last edited:
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
When There Is One Guitar Body, There Has To Be Another..

Well.. Long story short.. I found a few items in the trash.. and I was going to post in the forums.. but I recall a fellow up the street that is a local high schools band teacher.. I took the "items" to him and simply said:

"Here, these might come in handy with your students"..

Donated The Near Mint Condition Late 80's Fender Squier Electric Guitar (Candy Apple Red) To a local High Schools Young Musicians
Program. Also included, "Ludwig" snare drums, drum stands, 2 amps (Fender & Artist 12), verity of cords, 3 foot peddles.. All totaled, roughly $1,000 worth (retail) simply thrown in the trash..

Last edited:

gavin77

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2014
Poland
Detector(s) used
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guitar body you found is probably an unfinished project for a set-neck construction. Normally, strats have bolt-on necks, in this case someone wanted to glue the neck to the body but for some reason quit. No real value, I'm afraid. I'd just hang it on a wall :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions