Hello! I want to be a qualified Dumpster Diver!

xian

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Prelude; yesterday I found pizza box containing half a pizza outside my flat. It was protected from THE ELEMENTS by a plastic bag. So, naturally, I brought it into my abode, heated it up, and ate it for lunch. I think it tasted extra good just because it was free. Also I was helping the planet by recycling or some **** so then I thought maybe I should be an official dumpster diver and scavenge food from their bins like everyday!

I live near a supermarket and a takeaway which both have dumpsters. The supermarket one is locked, but the takeaways is not. So, I scouted the area, checked for locks and found out what time it closes .etc. It closes at 1am, so I was thinking I should go out at 3am and PILLAGE LIKE A MOTHER. What can I expect from this? Do take-away restaurants yield good results?

As for the supermercado, I was considering buying a dumpster key so I can gain access to that particular bin which I thing would be plenty bountiful because I go in that place all the time and they are always superselling items which are close to their expiry date so they must have a lot of waste

Welcome ^_^

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta apply to Harvard or Yale, get a PhD in underwater basket weaving and then go looking for a job. Once you realize that you will never get one, then you will be ready for some serious food searching. Best of luck on your endeavors...

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
There are two types of dumpster divers..

• Those that find stuff technically mark as collectibles, furniture, etc
  • Those that eat left overs..

So, having join a "treasure" hunting site.. I feel your best bet is to locate a foodie dumpster diver community..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread