Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw a bunch of street signs sticking out of a city dumpster, very nice old fancy steel, cool re-sellable stuff, I pulled a couple and laid them in the bed of my truck, then a city worked came out of a nearby building yelling, and ran me off.

I figured why argue, I'll just swing back around in an hour when he's gone, I did, he was gone and so were all the signs.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I had my first confrontation yesterday....lol. Dude comes running down a set of stairs and then full sprint of 100 yards and yelling..."What are you doing?" I reply, diving. He say's "hell no, not here, it's against company policy" "I'm shutting this operation down". I reply, this isn't illegal, I've already spoken to the cops about it. He says "we'll, you just wait in your car until they show up, I've already called them, they're on the way" I say, have a good day then he goes on some kind of rant about Trump and his policies....I have no idea what he was talking about...I busted out laughing as I drove off. Dumpster police....get a life homeboy.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had my first confrontation yesterday....lol. Dude comes running down a set of stairs and then full sprint of 100 yards and yelling..."What are you doing?" I reply, diving. He say's "hell no, not here, it's against company policy" "I'm shutting this operation down". I reply, this isn't illegal, I've already spoken to the cops about it. He says "we'll, you just wait in your car until they show up, I've already called them, they're on the way" I say, have a good day then he goes on some kind of rant about Trump and his policies....I have no idea what he was talking about...I busted out laughing as I drove off. Dumpster police....get a life homeboy.

I'd be tempted to put a "Make America Great Again" sticker on the dumpster just because I love pushing people's buttons.

And he's obviously dumb enough to think Trump sets dumpster diving policies.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I'd be tempted to put a "Make America Great Again" sticker on the dumpster just because I love pushing people's buttons.

And he's obviously dumb enough to think Trump sets dumpster diving policies.

Great idea and I most likely will. I think the Trump comment was made because I'm white.....the dude took it very personal that I was about to go in "his" dumpster. No big deal, I just hit the dumpster at 6:00 am now...no one around!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe he thought you were dumping more trash, as a non-tenant of the building? :dontknow: Tell him you're actually helping because you're taking some of the trash away faster than than the trash truck can get there!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Maybe he thought you were dumping more trash, as a non-tenant of the building? :dontknow: Tell him you're actually helping because you're taking some of the trash away faster than than the trash truck can get there!

The way he came at me...I think he has guarding his own stash. I bet he's a fellow diver.....

Make Dumpster Diving Great Again!

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....Years ago my buddy Jeff and I were loading the remaining debris from his kitchen remodel. I asked him where he was going to take it.....he said "come with me !" and off we drove trailing drywall dust from his old pickup. Ten minutes later he pulled into an industrial area , then around back. The place was devoid of activities this Sunday night and Jeff motioned to get out and help.......I let Jeff know that I was uncomfortable dumping into these dumpsters but he assured me it was"ok". Jeff was already tossing chunks of drywall and studs into the cans and as worried as I was , informed him I would be "the Lookout" .... Jeff laughed and told me "if someone shows up , start diving , pulling stuff out exclaiming MAN , This is EXACTLY what I was looking for ! " Needless to say, no one showed up and Jeff took me out for Sushi....a good night.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sounds like a delusional idiot who thinks the company is going to go out of business without him ,hate those types.

Haven't dived in a while, used t go to this Artvan furniture store, they would throw out brand new chairs/tables if they were missing a bolt, biggest waste I ever saw. I would stop by occasionally and pick stuff up, fix it up and if I couldn't use it myself, sell it or give it away.
So I'm picking an endtable out of the dumpster and this guy comes out and we surprised eachother, I think he was just coming out to have a smoke, scrawny, sniveling little salesman type of guy in a half assed suit who looked like he'd get winded tying his shoes. He says What do you think you are doing ? I said, I'm picking **** out of the dumpster, what the hell does it look like I'm doing ?
He says yeah, thats what I thought, well you can't do that here. I said why not ? I don't see any signs. He said well, its against company policy. I said yeah Ok I'll make a note of that and kept at it. He stepped towards me with a purpose, I gave him a warning look and I said I hope you aren't thinking about putting your hands on me, bad idea. He caved and went into reverse and went back inside, presumably to get reinforcements.
I got what I wanted anyhow and left before he came back out ... A few months later I drove by and the dumpster was surrounded by a barbed wire fence !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread