Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was researching on how to re wire a single phase motor on the internet. Any ways a guy makes a comment and says that "Harbor Freight" was a dumpster divers paradise. Said he finds many good working tools and scraps the other stuff for the copper windings. They are opening something like 3 new stores a day or something ridiculous or maybe one new store every 3 days Lol. Whatever!
It might be worth a look. Anyone do any good let me know.
I try to get over in this area but you guys behave pretty darn good! I am presently in need of a 3hp motor off a treadmill and the speed controler.(working)
Happy Memorial day !

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you working on TN? Just curious is all.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am presently in need of a 3hp motor off a treadmill and the speed controler.(working)

Check the thrift shops and your local eBay , people are always giving away that sort of stuff. Depending on your use, I have used the supermarket motors/belt feeds for polishing slabs, like a giant slow moving belt sander. Anther resource is the GSA auctions, always a bit of VA hospital equipment up there.

As casca asked, might be helpful to know the use.

Given what a pain it is to rewire a motor, it is usually far easier to find one, depending on the speed/use you are after.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Treadmill motors are/ were sought for small wind turbines....
DC vs AC.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will use the treadmill motor and controller to build a 2x72 belt sander to put up at my forge

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I will use the treadmill motor and controller to build a 2x72 belt sander to put up at my forge

I would not have guessed that.
Next guess would have been a turbine in a creek...

You use coke , or gas for fuel?

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bituminous coal into coke eventually. But it will run coke after it's started. I can reach welding [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]temperatures now for damascus just trying to get the sanders and power hammers to save some time. Looking at the Appalachian belt drive power hammer for billets. You can see them all on Youtube. So I am diving for motors looking.[/FONT]

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bituminous coal into coke eventually. But it will run coke after it's started. I can reach welding [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]temperatures now for damascus just trying to get the sanders and power hammers to save some time. Looking at the Appalachian belt drive power hammer for billets. You can see them all on Youtube. So I am diving for motors looking.[/FONT]

Cool, I am looking into making me a furnace to melt aluminum for ant mound castings, currently melting lead in cast iron pot on my grill, lead is easy to melt and cast but hazardous, needless to say. Don't think I will cook on that grill again! WIN_20170528_17_10_59_Pro.jpg WIN_20170528_17_11_03_Pro.jpg Here is one of my lead castings. Want to do aluminum to do one like this, that typically sells for about 200 $ front-img_8278_mt.jpg

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just starting myself in making ingots and such. Wont need the heat of a sword lol. I am now looking at my treadmill differently lol.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I am looking into making me a furnace to melt aluminum for ant mound castings, currently melting lead in cast iron pot on my grill, lead is easy to melt and cast but hazardous, needless to say. Don't think I will cook on that grill again! View attachment 1458500 View attachment 1458501 Here is one of my lead castings. Want to do aluminum to do one like this, that typically sells for about 200 $ View attachment 1458502

I have been wanting do one of those for some time. It looks good and worth much more then melt. Cool how you set up in the field and do it on the spot. I guess if it is not a good mound you can just resmelt it.
Nice job pretty art!

Last edited:

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been wanting do one of those for some time. It looks good and worth much more then melt. Cool how you set up in the field and do it on the spot. I guess if it is not a good mound you can just resmelt it.
Nice job pretty art!

The most rudimentary? A cast iron pot and a hot wood or charcoal fire, coal better yet.

Carefull if you do this, the hazards are real and more than I care to post here. Do the homework before melting metals!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread