Early research into trip for ~2024
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ambam

Thread: Early research into trip for ~2024

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    4 times
    Metal Detecting

Early research into trip for ~2024

My 40th Birthday and the pay off all of my student loans will occur at approximately the same time, and I've decided to celebrate with a trip to Europe, with the highlight being a week/10 day metal detecting trip, ideally in England or the greater UK.
    I can google companies all day. What I want to know is, who have you used and what did you think of them?

I have a spouse who does NOT detect, so if you have any experience with taking them along, please let me know (I've already warned him I expect he'll be "entertaining" himself for this part of the trip)

THANKS

Amba
    TannersHatch likes this.

gb
    Mr

Jan 2021
    Brighton, UK
    CTX 3030
    14 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambam View Post
    My 40th Birthday and the pay off all of my student loans will occur at approximately the same time, and I've decided to celebrate with a trip to Europe, with the highlight being a week/10 day metal detecting trip, ideally in England or the greater UK.
    I can google companies all day. What I want to know is, who have you used and what did you think of them?

I have a spouse who does NOT detect, so if you have any experience with taking them along, please let me know (I've already warned him I expect he'll be "entertaining" himself for this part of the trip)

THANKS

Amba
    Hi Amba

If you not looking for 'seeded' competitions or lots of other detectorists I would recommend just calling some camp sites around the uk area you wanna detect in and asking a few farmers if you can detect when your there? you might have to pay a nights stay but you could go to a hotel or B&B (''bed and breakfast'' is a cheap accommodation option in the UK) or a Hostel if your 'that' type of student
    With covid everything's on hold and at least this way all the lovely old coins and artefacts would be yours (and maybe the farmers).
    Note however you cant search parks in the UK. Without express permission from a land owner or MD group with permish' your relegated to the beach I'm afraid.
    CTX 3030
    Pro-Find 20
    Nokta Digger
    Metal detecting targets: coins & jewellery , Main sites hunted: Trashy & Pasture, Most used phrase: ''its another bl**dy ring pull''

Sponsored Links