I hope this works.... A video I did live this morning with a customer's new Equinox

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning when my customer was by to pick up his new Equinox 800 I went live on Facebook with a video... we discovered some neat things air testing the 800 and wanted to share them with everyone.

Note that it was a short test, and I totally understand the limitations of air testing versus using the machine over live, non-dug targets! But its a start...

Here is the video:

(Well the link works... but I'm not sure what to do to make the video appear instead of only the link! I haven't tried to link a Facebook video before... I've tried a half a dozen ways to have it show up. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in. Also for the moderators- if you don't want this link please delete this thread.)

Last edited:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird that the recovery speed makes the sound last longer.
Makes it hard to hunt by sizing I am guessing.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry- many of us don't use Facebook. Less and less people do every day. Why not post a Youtube video?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn’t see the video using the link. Facebook wants me to sign up to go to the video.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did watch it. Interesting. Now, everybody take the machines outside to play with them, and get back to us next weekend with some real life results. That will be helpful. Maybe in a few weeks we can see if this is just competition for the AT Pro and MAX and F-75 or something better. Looks to be a good machine, which was expected, but the cat's meow? No evidence as of this date.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did watch it. Interesting. Now, everybody take the machines outside to play with them, and get back to us next weekend with some real life results. That will be helpful. Maybe in a few weeks we can see if this is just competition for the AT Pro and MAX and F-75 or something better. Looks to be a good machine, which was expected, but the cat's meow? No evidence as of this date.

Of course you are the only one here uniquely qualified to say with certainty what detector is the cat's meow. When you find it, meow loudly. :cat:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's kinda strange. I don't use Facebook either and it came right up.:thumb_up:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's really hard to tell at this point how deep the machine really is considering different mineralization, how the machine is ground balanced ,moisture in the soil and on and on. I like the weight, sound settings mode and other features but to hear from real ground results from experienced treasure hunters will probably make or break the deal. The AT Pro with the larger coils is hard to beat and somewhat cheaper although a little a heavily. Time will tell. I wish the advance buyers great luck and please send in true results. Good luck to all.:thumb_up:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What part of "The Equinox is the first machine to combine Single- and Multi- frequency capabilities in one, lightweight, waterproof, machine" don't people understand? :occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of "The Equinox is the first machine to combine Single- and Multi- frequency capabilities in one, lightweight, waterproof, machine" don't people understand? :occasion14:

And that ladies and gentlemen, is why it does not work well. But seriously, people need to try it for awhile, not an hour, for accurate results. I still think my Cibola would whoop it real good.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree. Terry will let the cat out of the bag.:cat:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, please end the sniping at each other.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why cannot people making videos realize the need for showgirls? they help sell everything

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about you guys but if I have any target at 10+ inches and it even resembles a small mid to high conductor it's getting dug up. Especially if I'm on old ground! I can deal with slightly wavering VDI's at depth. That makes it fun but when it's doing it on shallow targets that is discouraging

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High VDI, I'm with you. Displays are for sissies. Real detectorists dig all the iffy targets (that's why I have so much gold!)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I really never "learned" any machine I've ever owned. I mainly stick them on a factory preset and dig everything that even sounds remotely non ferrous, and sometimes dig the ferrous deliberately. Got the two CW underwear buttons that way, the CW scissors and four sad irons, one looks to be 17h century, two 18th and one 19th since Christmas. I discriminate out tiny bits of iron ore and tiny nails only.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread