OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Meh, nothing I've seen in any of the videos make me agree that this machine will obsolete any other machine. I just don't get the hype, if you've ever used an XTERRA then you'd struggle to see what this machine does better than an xterra (aside from waterproof) from the videos I've seen.

Been wanting to like this thing, but it's looking like the claims are bigger than the reality of the machine?

Am I missing something here? I want to jump on the bandwagon, but just don't see what would make me want to?

Last edited:

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
banner quality! weve been waiting for this

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meh, nothing I've seen in any of the videos make me agree that this machine will obsolete any other machine. I just don't get the hype, if you've ever used an XTERRA then you'd struggle to see what this machine does better than an xterra (aside from waterproof) from the videos I've seen.

Been wanting to like this thing, but it's looking like the claims are bigger than the reality of the machine?

Am I missing something here? I want to jump on the bandwagon, but just don't see what would make me want to?

A couple videos is not enough to make an informed decision. Lots of other places detector needs to be run.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A couple videos is not enough to make an informed decision. Lots of other places detector needs to be run.

I've watched more than a couple of videos today alone, still un impressed with the machine.

What exactly more is the machine going to do than we've seen in videos? We've seen beach tests, we've seen field tests, park tests, air tests, what kinda test we waiting on?

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've watched more than a couple of videos today alone, still un impressed with the machine.

What exactly more is the machine going to do than we've seen in videos? We've seen beach tests, we've seen field tests, park tests, air tests, what kinda test we waiting on?

Iron infested picks compared to the Deus.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Okay, then quit watching them. Use what you have.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the post Tn. Nice to see the machine in action. I would like to make a request from you guy's that are getting it early. I would like to see it used on pounded out site, or a property where you know there should be some good finds, but may have had some fill put in. Just to see the depth of this machine. Thanks again!

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I thought it was a good first video for the EQ. What is wrong with some of the people who comment on youtube? Miserable *******s! Kudos to the guy for getting out in the ice and showing us a little bit about what it can do!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the post Tn. Nice to see the machine in action. I would like to make a request from you guy's that are getting it early. I would like to see it used on pounded out site, or a property where you know there should be some good finds, but may have had some fill put in. Just to see the depth of this machine. Thanks again!

This is exactly what I was going to ask as well. Or old ground where most coins and older relics are typically 6+ inches deep. I'd love to see a legit deep 12" copper or old silver live dug. Nice video.....and ignore the haters!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this thing is as deep as my E-trac was then i am on board. It looks to be way faster recovery and way lighter than the E-trac. I can't wait to see how it does on deeper targets. Great job on the video and thank you for taking the time to do it.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am buying an EQ800 for my grandson to use when he is in Oregon a couple times per year. He is 11 years old. I am a huge Minelab fan. I like the fact the EQ is very light. I love my CTX so I am not sure it will be for me. What I do not like so far is the ID #'s are so close together. Like 0 to 35... It will be like another dig and beep machine like the Deus etc. You will have to dig everything between 18 and 35! With my CTX I can tell the difference between an Indian, Zinc, Wheat and Copper memorial every time. I also can tell the difference between a copper memorial and a silver dime 99% of the time. Recently I did a parking strip in a town an hour away from me and cherry picked the silver coins only out of the strip. 5 silver dimes and 2 silver quarters. I left everything else. My friend went there and pulled 6 wheats and no silver. That is why I love the CTX.
I have been digging since 1977... Only my opinion...
Gary from Oregon

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I own an exterra 705, I also field tested the equinox 800, there is no comparison between the two, equinox is superior.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own an exterra 705, I also field tested the equinox 800, there is no comparison between the two, equinox is superior.
\

So you think it's going to live up to the claim of obsoleting all VLF detectors like they claim?

I am glad the machine is superior to your XTERRA, I would sure hope it would be after the claims made, we'd sure hope it wasn't worse than your xterra? Boy wouldn't that be something LOL

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Still a lot of detecting to be seen before I buy the 800. I really don't need a fourth detector. "BUT".:coffee2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
\

So you think it's going to live up to the claim of obsoleting all VLF detectors like they claim?

I am glad the machine is superior to your XTERRA, I would sure hope it would be after the claims made, we'd sure hope it wasn't worse than your xterra? Boy wouldn't that be something LOL

I have used multiple xterras, there is no difference between my xterra 705 and yours.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post removed because it was too wracked with emotion. If you really want to see it, it's still here somewhere.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Attitude much? Going after a mod with such a sarcastic response after they were simply commenting on another user's statement on how it compares to another Minelab machine is not really productive.

Contrary to whatever you may be thinking this thread is not about or directed towards you. You have a problem with an idiotic marketing statement by Minelab, great. You have formed an opinion, good, lets discuss. But jumping in here and just bashing for the sake of bashing without bringing any real evidence of an informed opinion is going to garner the responses you are getting. As someone who is an editor of whatever you are editor of, you should know that what you are doing will get people piqued. Why don't you get one of these things and review it in your publication, give it a fair shake and offer your opinion? You apparently have the perfect platform to do so, rather than stirring it up in a forum.

I think folks on both sides need to calm down. OP should not get so emotionally invested when someone does not like the Equinox, but if you are going to come in here and critique a detector that is setting new sales records that are off the chart from anything that has come before it, come armed with something like actual facts that can be debated.

It's a freaking metal detector after all. Should not stir up this emotion over a an expensive hobbiest's toy.

Sounds like your the emotional one LOL

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your the emotional one LOL

I guess I do get emotional over TNET members mixing it up when there are little facts to go on but not about metal detectors.

If something I said is off base through my emotional outburst, then let me know.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread