Register the coil and the detector with Minelab.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, just wanted to let you all know that when you register your Equinox on the Minelab website for warranty purposes, make sure you also do a second registration for your coil.

If you notice, there's a serial number on the right side of the control unit. But there's also a serial number on the coil itself. Register both of these serial numbers.

I'm just putting that out there because many folks may not even think to register the coil. And if something should happen to the coil and not to the unit itself, there could be problems getting Minelab to honor the warranty, as the coil wasn't registered. Who knows? Better safe than sorry, though.

And yes, it will let you register both. I just did it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Laidback4sho, thanks for sharing! :occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do not really need to register the coil, it is already registered to the detector it came with.

soilsifter

Greenie
Jun 11, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
DFX w/ Detech 13in ultimate and 6in excelerator coils, Sunray DX-1 probe.

AT Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to do this several times on their website today. I’ve entered all the correct info, tried both s/n the one on control unit and the coil but it will not accept them. Any advice?

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try it from a different computer maybe? Maybe something is preventing it from going through.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry about it. If you send your Equinox into Minelab for anything they require you send the entire detector including earphones and WM08..Their service is 2nd to none. The coil serial number is tied to the serial number on the control box.

I have 1st hand experience with Minelab service. The are prompt courteous and through.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to do this several times on their website today. I’ve entered all the correct info, tried both s/n the one on control unit and the coil but it will not accept them. Any advice?

It is Minelab server issue, it happens sometimes, try again later.

Acejeckel

Jul 18, 2009
Just Outside Detroit
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, DFX, M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had the same problem so I email them and they email me right back with lightning speed.. lol they had me send them my address, phone number, full name and serial number and they said they would register if for me. Super great customer service

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread