Equinox 800 morning's catch

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
This is what I have been waiting to see. I was impressed with the equinox, and i watched another video right after comparing the nox with a deus and an at pro. The deus and nox had the best showing by far. I can see it will be just as good as my etrac on deeper coins , plus lighter, waterproof, and faster recovery. This is the water detector I will be getting.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for this video. I was so looking forward to seeing the Equinox results on the rusted nail over the silver dime the long way which would have been a big differentiator vs the CTX and Deus if it could have detected the dime going over the nail the long way.

The 17” coil on the CTX did not make it fair on the deep silverquarter test but that was expected.

All I can say is that the Equinox is impressive and as vferrari stated if they sell 3X more Equinox machines then they do CTX machines their bottom line will go up. Maybe there will now be a Minelab YouTube equivalent of nugget noggin and aquachigger channel. I truly believe that they want the Garrett AT Pro and AT Max market at the least.

It would behoove Minelab to release a CTX OS update the machines with some of this new technology they are pimping on they cheaper machines.

I would love for this post to reach the years of Minelab PR and R&D departments.

Cheers

View attachment 1553744

I think the ML engineers gave the ML marketing folks more than they could handle (their marketing slogans are definitely from the Planet Cornball). I don't think they set out to unseat their flagships, but the key was not so much the technology breakthrough (which is awesome - fast multi frequency) but doing whatever they did to get the price point down out of the stratosphere.

I don't think the Equinox will totally eclipse the CTX (or Excal for that matter) but time will tell how much of a "partial eclipse" the the Equinox will be vs. the CTX.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see old silver! Congratualtions :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread