First beach hunt with Nox 800

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can say is WOW. I was just as skeptical as the next on how good could this unit really be? I have my trusty CZ-21 and have done well with it; could the Nox really compare to it. I believe I found my answer on my first outing. I won't part with my CZ; but, I think it will just be my deeper water machine. The Nox is my go to now for beach hunting.

My first outing with the Nox for me and my fellow hunting bud (with his Nox) was at a local beach we have hit over and over again (along with many others)

Used default settings on Beach 1 with the only change was a raise in Sensitivity to max. Majority of targets were 2 scoops down with several being 3 scoops down (basically 6" and deeper). All targets were dug in wet sand and had been there a while (you can tell by their look) I could not believe at how well the Nox would id targets. First time out and within first hour we were already calling out targets. All targets dug were consistent signals. Nox DID NOT False in the wet surf...whether I used Beach 1 or Beach 2 which was awesome in itself (I did use Beach 1 90% of the time)!

Here are some of our results that I hope can help others that hunt NE beaches.
a 13 with the occasional hit at 12 = Nickel (never dug so many nickels in an outing and not once did a 12 or 13 result in a pull tab...lucky maybe?)
a 14 to 15 = pull tab each time
a 16 to 17 = rusted bottle cap each time
a 29 to 31 = Quarter
a 23 to 25 = Dime
a 20 to 21 = Zincoln
a 22 to 23 = Copper Lincoln

The rings I dug were
1 - Small 14k with most likely CZ chips all way round (my diamond tester point too large to target the chips for testing) was a solid 8.
2 - The ring with the larger center stone (CZ) is marked S .925 ALE 52 was a 24-25
3 - The other ring with stones is marked DL (Diamond Like) .925 rang in as a 19 (which is what both my 14k wedding band and my buddy's 14K band come in at)
4 - The other junker ring came in at 13-14 (so I'm assuming it has some nickel in it maybe)
5 - The chain is labeled .925 Italy and came in at 13 (not convinced it is silver)

20180304_194523.jpg

20180304_194552.jpg

20180304_194616.jpg

I wish to thank those of you (like Terry Soloman, TN Sharpshooter, V Ferrari and the rest of you) that provided the early on opinions, beach tests and general knowledge information that helped me pull the trigger on this machine and for Minelab in making this animal of a machine.

Best of luck hunting in 2018 to all of you.

-TwoYewts

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Did the nor'easter affect your hunt area? Water was WAY out here. It was really wild looking at the bottom of the bay.

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Smokey,
Definitely affected the area and I'm sure contributed to the amount of finds that we were getting. But with that said, 90% of the hits were still DEEP and the Nox was accurate on each which impressed me the most. Even as I was in the shallows, the salt water going over the coil did not cause any jumpy signal or falsing. If I had a hit, I knew I had it and could pretty much tell you what it was.

:)

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great beach hunt !!! That chain looks silver to me give it a good soaking in some silver cleaner I like a brand called connoisseur it is in a red tub.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great beach hunt !!! That chain looks silver to me give it a good soaking in some silver cleaner I like a brand called connoisseur it is in a red tub.

Definitely going to give it a clean. The reason for my doubt is that it rang in at a 13?!? Anytime I find silver it is always in the higher numbers such as a 23/24/25. That plus its labeled .925 Italy and we all have come across the fake Italy bracelets/chains while hunting. Might just do an acid test for kicks :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Hunt! :headbang:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Nox success story.
Great hunt and good reporting too.
Thanks for sharing.

I love my Nox.
It ain't going anywhere.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely going to give it a clean. The reason for my doubt is that it rang in at a 13?!? Anytime I find silver it is always in the higher numbers such as a 23/24/25. That plus its labeled .925 Italy and we all have come across the fake Italy bracelets/chains while hunting. Might just do an acid test for kicks :)
Ive found 12 silver chains and they all read in the 40s and 50s on my AT pro...rings and silver coins read in the 80s and 90s...I bet your chain is silver...your ring marked ALE is by Pandora...great hunt and finds, congrats.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt congratulations! :occasion14:

You guy's are twisting my arm to buy an Equinox! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions