Apr 4, 2013
SouthEast North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Vegas Pro 12, I been using it close to 4 years now and still learning new things about it.
Vegas pro 12.PNG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and nice digging! Great video.
I'm not a big fan of music on detecting videos, should turn the music volume down some.

Agreed, nice videos, but, 86 the music

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt and nice digging! Great video.
I'm not a big fan of music on detecting videos, should turn the music volume down some.

I didn't mind the music at all. Kind of enjoyed it, actually.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the commercial variety of Abobe Premier Pro CC 2017, the latest and greatest. I rent the entire package. Ain't cheap, but we do cool stuff like 6 levels of sound, smoke coming out of muzzleloaders that were never fired, a ship created in my basement complete with it sinking, cg fiery meteors, noise reduction, noise addition, splitting hairs on "film", adding items together to fit filmed YEARS apart, voice overs, special effects, blue screens, green screens, people simply disappearing in front of you, changing the color of the sky, speeding up the footage, car chases, car accidents, fishing scenes with real fish, slowing down the footage, the 2nd Coming, WWII soldiers capturing Germans - 5' from the back door of a friend's house, a Civil War camp in my front lawn, all that fun stuff. Boy, sometimes the neighbors just stare and stare and stare. I can post a link to a youtube of one from the French and Indian War if you'd like. Fun and exhausting to make.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please do... it cost me 300.00 a year and I know it can do all kinds of things. I have the 2017 too .Its way more advanced than I am.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got the vegas premium 14 yesterday. Already a 15 out but plenty of features for all I need. Took a whole day to learn how to make a complete video. Hard at first but I'm sure it will be second nature soon.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Costs me $50 per month for the whole package.

You can also check out the channel "sumcvisionmedia" if you don't like clicking on a link. There is a lot there, youtube of course.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=3CVtr0du9Dk

Including hard copies of the film produced, we have reached about 1 million people with these little guys. Once upon a time I could figure out how to get the video IMAGE to show here, but tonight it's not cooperating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! You do got the fancy version. Those films are great!...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. We have also done one called "Resurrection". It is not on the net due to copyright issues. We got a license from Universal, you might have heard of them, for gospel singer Squire Parson's noteworthy song "Sweet Beulah Land" and put it in the end credits in it's original cut. Rules is rules and it would cost a fortune to put that on the net, plus at 90 minutes, I doubt most people would watch it through in that setting. We decided not to pay for the extra rights for internet access. (Multiple thousands.) It is available in hard copy only. It is full length and has been shown at several film festivals around the country and also was at the after festival at Sundance a few years ago. A more recent film "Mary Regina", was inspired by the wreck of the Faithful Steward off the Delaware coast in 1785. I found a tiny infant's handmade silver ring on the beach after Sandy, it's an 18th century ring. It belonged to a baby. Putting the math together, I doubt many other 18th century infants lost their silver rings at the beach, so this undoubtedly came from the wreck. We put together a story, moved the timeline to 1829 for convenience and costuming sake, and made the film. It was/is available on Amazon, there are quite a few copies out there. I still have some. It also has been in several film festivals and got an award for *gasp* Best Cinematography at the Holywood Christian Film Festival in New York City a couple years ago. The one on Youtube, "The Twilight's Last Gleaming" got into several film festivals, including a few really big ones and the director got a "Best Director" award! BTW getting into any film festival is like getting a rooster to lay an egg.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are soooooooo far over my head, that's why I watch, and don't post. I'll go sit with the dog and munch on a milkbone.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sprialroad, doing a commercial film and a digging video are complete different worlds. I have good cameras and am certainly not taking them playing in the dirt. They are also 6 POUNDS each. Pro camcorders, not toys. It took forever to learn the camera and the program. My daughter helps me. If all ask fails, ask your kid.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I throw my go pro on the dirt pile.... lol

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I throw my go pro on the dirt pile.... lol

Lol! I'm a little rough on mine too...haha. got it down somewhat to where it really doesn't slow me down at all. Just keep my find in front of my face a few seconds longer than before.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Iron buzz. It's short, there's a SMMAACCCKKk Kiss in it, a canoe, cool stuff, antiques, costumes, monsters in the woods but family friendly. Monsters are people. I gave it away.

We have go pro's also. Had at a shipwreck scene the camera lying on the sand, anchored, and the wave crashed over it. The whole audience JUMPED straight up in the air when the wave hit the camera. Ah, It's like being 3 years old all over again! Nothing like seeing 300 people jump straight up in the air!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread