Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Equinox Service/Repair Info from Minelab service department.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    567 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks, that’s what I was looking for - data.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    252 times
    So it doesn't get lost, this is really great news. First, it points out how prevalent fake news is and how there are many out there with an agenda. The original thread, started without any evidence, stated that the Equinox would not be serviced, nor repair parts available when the warranty runs out, thus making it, and I quote, "A Throw Away Detector". Though we can debate the cost, method and logistics of repairs, Minelab confirms that parts and service WILL be available when your warranty runs out in three years!
    Last edited by GoDeep; Apr 04, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
    sprailroad likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    So it doesn't get lost, this is really great news. First, it points out how prevalent fake news is and how there are many out there with an agenda. The original thread, started by a troll without any evidence, stated that the Equinox would not be serviced, nor repair parts available when the warranty runs out, thus making it, and I quote, "A Throw Away Detector". Though we can debate the cost, method and logistics of repairs, Minelab confirms that parts and service WILL be available when your warranty runs out in three years!
    GoDeep, please remember to post by our rules, you can not call insult members by calling them trolls, it violates our rules.

thank you....
    Honest Samuel likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    GoDeep, please remember to post by our rules, you can not call insult members by calling them trolls, it violates our rules.

thank you....
    My apologies. Edited.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1318 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    \

Repairs will be done, resealing the case and then doing a pressure test is not a big deal. Equinox has a 3 year warranty, Minelab is not going to throw away the controls because the LCD failed, or the keypad failed. As far as the housing, they are not expensive so if front, back or both halves need to be replaced not a big deal. Just like on the 3030, parts were replaced, they did not throw away the controls because the keypad, speaker, power board ect failed, they replaced them.
    Right... the CZ-21 is a good example...once opened up the control panel is (allegedly) replaced because it's damaged once disassembled.

Equinox will probably get new case halves when repaired.
    RustyGold likes this.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    567 times
    When it comes to the CZ’s – I think you’re thinking about this CZ-20 - if you want to send it for repair it gets a new face plate of the CZ21 type – this is because of some issues with this CZ-20 faceplate

Interestingly this nearly 20-year-old detector is still completely repairable spare parts are available at the factory and they are regularly serviced – and very reasonable prices I may add - by my own experience
    sprailroad likes this.

ca
    Dec 2015
    Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
    227 times
    2 words come to mind.....Lifetime warranty....
    Reading a manual can make you look real smart
    Not reading a manual...can just make you look not so smart.
    Telling people you can't read on a forum....just makes you look stupid.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    19541 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    I don't think Minelab has a lifetime warranty on anything. They are a good, established company, under warranty you should have not problems. Now on the Equinoxes if the bean counters there decide to replace a part on a fairly new unit instead of replacing the unit, then it might take a few weeks. But that's just how it is. I really don't think there will be many problems out of the box. The last time I had purchased something that was bad out of the box, was a TV back in the 1980's. The old, heavy kind.
    sprailroad likes this.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    567 times
    Non-repairable hardware is covered under warranty by replacement. Non-warranty failures of non-repairable hardware can only be addressed by replacement - problem is - replacement of a 4-5 year old control box (if it’s non-repairable) is only possible if a replacement unit is either sitting on the shelf somewhere or still in production.

Not saying whether the Nox will turn out to be practically speaking non-repairable, but frankly electronic stuff in general i headed that way. Already the internal circuit boards of most newer detectors are only “fixable” by board-level replacement.
    Last edited by Rick K; Apr 05, 2018 at 08:52 AM.

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1318 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K View Post
    When it comes to the CZ’s — I think you’re thinking about this CZ-20 - if you want to send it for repair it gets a new face plate of the CZ21 type — this is because of some issues with this CZ-20 faceplate

Interestingly this nearly 20-year-old detector is still completely repairable spare parts are available at the factory and they are regularly serviced — and very reasonable prices I may add - by my own experience
    No, a friend sent his CZ21 in for repair and was told the panel is always replaced. They wanted $600 for the repair. If thats really the case I don't know. The CZ-20 can be disassembled and reassembled but supposedly the 21 can not.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    23301 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Thank you for sharing!
    GoDeep and Hawks88 like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2927 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fuceye View Post
    2 words come to mind.....Lifetime warranty....
    That would not be Minelab.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    567 times
    I contacted Russ Balbirona, Marketing Manager for Fisher today. He in turn checked with Felix in Customer Service.

CZ 20 panels are not available - a CZ20 to be repaired gets a CZ21 frontpanel.

CZ21’s in for repair do not have their front panels replaced unless the panel itself is damaged.
    Last edited by Rick K; Apr 05, 2018 at 07:41 PM.

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    792 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well my Equinox 800 is in for repair right now and they said they can hopefully repair and get it back to me in a few days. I told them what was wrong they sent me UPS shipping label and it was that simple. I had the shipping label in my email within 10 minutes of talking to them Naperville.

People get to upset about warranty issues when they don't have an issue. Why worry about what can or cannot be replaced until the warranty is expired. People don't get this concerned about a $40,000 automobile when it is out of warranty. Most people spend another $40,000 and buy a new car

I can say this Minelab, Garrett and Whites all have excellent service and repair because I have used all of them. Even if a product is out of warranty they keep the cost down for you.

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    19541 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Normsel, I'm surprised you had a problem. Maybe it's just me but I generally don't have problems with stuff breaking out of the box. Minelab will do ok.

Now 5 years from now folks, do you really think you'll want the detector you have now? Whichever one it is? Technology is changing so fast.....

I have had two items out of warranty repaired, ever. A Tesoro and a Garrett pinpointer. Yes, I had to pay for it, but it was inexpensive and quick.
    fuceye likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links