cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to try my Nox800 at a beach I've only really cherry picked before. There's a reason I've only cherry picked this beach. It's THE most junky beach I've ever hunted. It doesn't even have a name that I'm aware of, so, I call it N&N beach....as in Nail and Nugget beach. Wood with nails and other iron fasteners have been burned in many fire rings on this beach from day one. Aluminum cans ended up in those fires too, hence the "Nuggets", which is what I call them. You can scoop anywhere on this beach and will average 2 nails, one nugget, and a piece of glass per scoopful. Just nasty. I've just run a silver program in the past and tried for fresh drop, high conductors only, just to save my sanity. I've never found an old coin here as it's a man-made beach and no older than the early 1950's. Fired up the Nox and hit the dry sand. Machine gun target signals as I've experienced in the past. Now though, the iron signals are barely perceptible and separated, not just one big null out like previous detectors I've used. Didn't find much in the way of fresh drops (someone else has probably been doing the same cherry picking recently, as I have in the past), but, I was able to find 5 wheat cents, 4 silver Roosie's, and a Merc! Needless to say, I was shocked at the old coins. I didn't totally ignore the low and mid conductors either as you can see in the photos. I found 4 nickels....the oldest being a 1958, and tons of tabs and nuggets. The iron was just ones I found in the scoop with non-ferrous targets. The junk shown is about half what I actually found. I had to empty the pouch once during the hunt. All the targets read fairly normal on the I.D. numbers. The nickels were 13 as were some of the tabs. 12 was the tab tails and 14 was most of the other tabs. I dug a few 15-19 signals too early on, but, found nothing but junk.....mostly nuggets, so, later on, I ignored them. Probably some gold in this area, but, I'm not that masochistic to dig all those mid range numbers to find one. One of the nickels was down about a foot, another about 8" as was one of the wheats and one of the Roosie's. The rest were 6" or less....one scoop down with my Stealth 920. Nail infested areas, look out! :laughing7: The first photo shows everything just as I found them after a fresh water rinse. The wheats and silver in the upper right by the smiley face. The second photo shows the finds after soaking them in vinegar over night. What looks like two earrings, I believe is just one that split in half. Always hard to find a pair! Ford key looks to be 50's-early 60's?

Attachments

• 100_1717.jpg
    100_1717.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 100_1718.jpg
    100_1718.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE digs! Sounds like the Equinox gave you the ability to pick through this trashy beach MUCH more effectively than other machines you have used. SUPER!

Steve

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did well, congratulations! :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the id #’s and congrats on a nice variety of finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread