EQUINOX REPORT CARD THREAD - The Good OR Bad - Rate your experiences and finds. - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: EQUINOX REPORT CARD THREAD - The Good OR Bad - Rate your experiences and finds.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2019
    Carson City NV
    Equinox 800, AT Pro
    733 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have very limited time using it. So far I give it an A. I’ve run it over some of the areas I ran the AT pro in. Where it outperformed the AT Pro was in trashy areas. I found some coins that I couldn’t separate from the garbage. I haven’t found anything deeper that I missed with the AT Pro.
    sprailroad likes this.

us
    Oct 2018
    NE Ohio
    Minelab Equinox 600 & 800 Garrett AT Max Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
    934 times
    Iíve used my 600 now on parks, fields, in the woods and on beaches both wet and dry, and have to say it hasnít disappointed me at all. Whenever I think itís not doing itís job, itís always because I didnít noise cancel and ground balance, or because I changed a setting then forgot to reverse it.

Iíve added aptX low latency wireless headphones and wireless earbuds, and have zero issues with their performance. Iím expecting my new 6Ē coil to arrive today, as long as the wife is here to sign for them. Iíve done my due diligence on this coil, and it will compliment the 5x8 coil I bought for my AT Max. I enjoy both the Equinox 600 and the AT Max for different reasons, and sometimes I have them on a hunt at the same time, and play games of comparing target signals and sounds.

IMO, you canít go wrong with either the 600 or the 800.
    dirtlooter likes this.

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
    1036 times
    I'm not disappointed with my purchase of the 800. I haven't been to get a whole lot of hours on it yet due to lots and lots of snow and frozen ground. Before we got covered up in it, I was able to find several wheat cents and two barber dimes at the "hunted out park". If I had been cherry picking, I probably wouldn't have got them though. All were questionable signals at best, but I just committed to dig it everything in order to learn the machine. The barber dimes were just as flat as can be, and rang in lower, like 23-24. This is the same VDI range as the aluminum wine bottle screw caps that inhabit the spot by the millions. I'm just gonna have to clean them all out...but at least I know that there's still some good stuff hidden in there. The machine is fine. I give myself a C+ on the knowledge of it, and an A for effort at the park.
    CarsonChris and dirtlooter like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3959 times
    Metal Detecting
    After logging some solid time with my 800 I feel like a grade is now something I could give.

Not so much one but a few for different areas.

A for trashy park hunting looking for silver.

A for menu and navigation plus ability to adjust settings.

C for ergonomics. Only got a C because of the overall weight of the EQ is light. Def. nose heavy with stock coil.

Quality is a D. Shaft wobble, crappy arm cuff and cheaply made headphones.

Audio is up there with my Tejon. I give an A. So much in the Equinox language once it's learned! Visual ID is going to get a B. It is actually a testament of the machines ID ability to be able to swing the condensed VDI range! Between the audio, visual numbers plus sequences and pinpoint+depth reading combined I usually have a pretty good idea of what could be under the coil.

Battery life and charge time for both I give an A as this has never been a problem for my duration of hunts.

Overall I love the machine. Got the 800 in the end of March last season and had 14 silver coins on the year. Finished up with 161. That shattered my previous year of 70 with the F75.

All the silvers found last season were all public lands and no door knocking. Everything had been hard hit spots except for 1. It's my go to now. I use my Tejon for when the urge for beep and dig come along and the F75 with big coil in 2F for farm field hunting.

us
    Jul 2017
    West Michigan
    Minelab CTX 3030; Equinox 800; Explorer II; Tesoro Tejon
    301 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    So... any updates or new opinions ?

Now that some more time has elapsed and the owners of these have had more time with their units are there any "in retrospect" reviews and opinions"...

Has your original opinion changed now that some time has passed ?

Is your opinion now better or worse ?

Are you happy with it or not ?

IS IT your new "favorite / go to" detector now ?

Any new gripes / advice to Minelab ?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Yes,

At first I was a little disappointed but now I love it and the Equinox is my "go to" detector. Only weakness is accuracy of target ID but if you are looking for bottom line results.. this detector is a beast! I have also found it to be as deep as the Explorer series.

PS: I sent the broken headphones back during the off season and Minelab replaced them... no hassle at all.
    Last edited by One_more_hole; Apr 06, 2019 at 12:51 PM.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    12999 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    my only gripe with my 600 is the nose weight of the stock coil. I have found gold and silver with it, no complaints there and i like the tones. Actually the whole weight is tough on my bad shoulder and arm but even my Deus gives me fits after a little bit. it is an awesome machine, for the money very hard to beat
    ripvanb and CarsonChris like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    440 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Well, having previously owned the makro racer 2 on the beach for two years and I never found one single ring, not even junkers/costume jewlery.

My father owned a Deus and also used it on the beach for 2 years and never found any jewelery.

We both sold our machines and bought the Equinox.

A few beach hunts later and he pulled out a 22ct gold ring from 11" in the wet sand - Very nice.

In 2 other hunts he also found 2 pandora .925 sterling silver. Plus a bid fat Sterling silver ring.

Myself, pulled a 9ct gold cross on my 6th time out on the beach with the equinox.

Plus 2 hunts later found a nice 12gm .925 sterling silver ring.

Also, in about 10 more hunts we have foind stack of junk jewely....bracelets, charms, rings, broches etcc etc...i'll try to get some pics up.

Compared to the Racer 2 and the Deus on the beach, the Equinox has proved to be a far, FAR superior beast!

Matt
    sandmartin likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links