Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, it was a learning experience for sure. Pencil erasers of course were plenty and hit from 6-8 and 11-13. surprisingly, I only dug a couple of pull tabs but we have hit them hard before. I had a brief moment of hope but as I broke the clod open, the possible gold ring turned into a gold pull ring LOL. I managed several coin spills $1.35, a bling bracelet and a bling ring (it looked very darn good too for a moment.) i do like the 50 tones, used Park 2 and Multifreq. I started a dig for China but a huge rock interfered and so I bowed out and filled the hole back in. We hunted in the heat of the day and I was pretty whooped. I can easily see the Equnox as a big step up for many people. it will be very interesting to see how the smaller 6 inch coil does, it should be lighter and being smaller, more easy to use around brush and stuff. I still haven't gotten the BT earbuds. I did have a slight problem with the sound when put in pin point mode sometimes being very muted. this happened pretty often and sometimes would suddenly come back to life. For the most part, the pin point was pretty on. I dug some quiet hits that usually turned out to be erasers. 15-17 was usually trash as well. I usually dig those erasers and tabs etc at this school yard because I have found 4 gold rings including a gold class ring out here. DL

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up dirtlooter, hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

I've had the same problem with my pinpoint as well. I think it's a small bug, hopefully they can fix that with an update...? Either way it pinpoints pretty dead on...

the performance of the machine seems to be real good... just don't like the cheap feel of it... shaft wobble, arm cuff padding coming apart... other then that it's been a good performer...

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job at the school, dirtlooter!

I had that same thing happen a hunt or two ago, with one of those blasted "gold" tabs! LOL!

Steve

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice report D/L

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I must have dug over 200 of those eraser bands in an elementary schoolyard. Different brands of 'em would ring up different and I was finding miscellaneous good items too so I just had to dig em. That's just the price of doin business i guess. Nice update on your equinox experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread