Anyone have a good relic program out there?

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I hunted a old dump recently and used park 1 my settings were recovering speed at 7, sen 20 and what I found. There was trash everywhere, u hope this helps 20180519_172851.jpg

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I hunted a old dump recently and used park 1 my settings were recovering speed at 7, sen 20 and what I found. There was trash everywhere, u hope this helps View attachment 1600037

jimzz yes I appreciate the advice and what a unbelievable vintage lock. Congratulations

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh watch turn out be 14k, first gold with 800

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope you made out well today!
I'll try to contribute but I'm new to minelab, so take the following with a grain of salt. I've hunted an hour or two everyday since I received my EQX in February. When I get near lots of iron (cellar hole lip etc) I use park 2, 3 response (600), 1 iron bias. Usually around 19 sens. Away from iron I switch to park 1, sometimes I go to 2 response but mostly stay on 3 because I swing faster than I should (I've have thousands of hours on the T2 previous to the nox)...oh, and I haven't ever gone over 20 sens...it doesn't seem to need it.
I'm interested in your opinion with the nox coming from the F75.
PS Now that I re-read your post it hit me you're looking for relic settings...lol...sorry! My settings are trying to find coins amongst the iron. I have nothing to offer if you're trying to find iron relics.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good luck and dig it all.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol see you would have me finding coin all day. I have a coin shooting program I’m comfortable with I’m just wanna get another opinion smaller relics settings. The ones I might pass up coin shooting and I’ve had luck with gold only because they fell in those numbers, but I’ll take luck any day.
I’ve sold my AT Max and F75 tired of the large coil, chatter and gambling on iffy signal too much and losing. I am a gambler but if I can better the odds I’m all in. I feel the 800 smacks deeper targets better on sound and on the vdi it registers the target number more frequently then the max or f75. But that just my ground and soil maybe. I’ve put a lot of hours on mine and still have a lot to learn on this beast. Unfortunately here there’s a lot of places with all the flooding that happens here where I gotta go deep and everybody what to do deep, but remember you also gotta dig deep and a lot it wears you out especially in this Louisiana clay. So that being said I like the 800 compared to the two.

I’m still having to learn how to trust it and not dig a totally iffy signal because I’m in such a habit of going for it with the other two. I pride myself on digging my butt off to get something good, but this is going to be a very hot humid summer down here and heat stroke is real. Lol

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for mid conductive relics minie balls, brass, small items), Park 2 or Field 2.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I learn something on here everyday but due to where different people live and soil conditions I try and glean what I can. I know even where I live my detector acts a little different in the sandy soil than in the clay and topsoil.

I rarely copy the settings from someone else. I more look at recovery and sensitivity. Depending on what I am looking for I change the discrimination to suit and for me I like Park 1 & 2 and also like Field 1 but don't much care for the 2 tones in field 1 but it does find the deep non ferrous loud and clear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread