Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Bluetooth Headphone Pairing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, 11" and 5x8" HF coils Minelab Equinox 800
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Last night I tried turning the headphones on first, and still ended up having to re-pair after waiting about 2 minutes for them to connect.

Even aside from this problem, I am not thrilled with these headphones in general. What's with those 3 infinitesimally tiny LEDs? How can you hear the ascending & descending tones to know when they have turned on or off, when you don't have the phones on your head? Why such a teensy ON/OFF button that I can't use when they phones are on my head? And why on earth are the ear pads so small? They hurt!!

(I'm also not thrilled about being tethered to the WM08 either though)

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4231 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Buzz View Post
    Last night I tried turning the headphones on first, and still ended up having to re-pair after waiting about 2 minutes for them to connect.

Even aside from this problem, I am not thrilled with these headphones in general. What's with those 3 infinitesimally tiny LEDs? How can you hear the ascending & descending tones to know when they have turned on or off, when you don't have the phones on your head? Why such a teensy ON/OFF button that I can't use when they phones are on my head? And why on earth are the ear pads so small? They hurt!!

(I'm also not thrilled about being tethered to the WM08 either though)
    You really should factory reset the phones and even the EQX if that is not too painful (i.e., if you don't have too many customizations set). This helped another user who's headphones were acting up after a time (they turned on and showed connected but the volume buttons wouldn't work). Sometimes the automatically adjusted settings in the bluetooth comms stack just get bollocksed up and you have to start from scratch to clear the stored settings and start from scratch. As far as BT alternatives, here are a couple of relatively inexpensive BT APTX LL headphones that are available:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Hea...words=ARCHMAGE

Though these are "on the ear" and may not be comfortable for you.

The following are "over the ear" phones:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075VLWPXF..._t1_B01GGKNYOQ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SRNRQM..._t3_B01GGKNYOQ

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Wire...oth+headphones

For reference, these are the clones of the ML phones:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Hea...eywords=MICCUS

I have only tried the Miccus phones and am just providing the others for info/research purposes only, I can't speak to compatibility and reliability.
    Last edited by vferrari; Jul 07, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thanks for all that digging into headphones, vferrari! I will try the full resets later once everything is charged up. I don't think I will be buying any more phones though. I already have two pair for the Deus and a pair of Gray Ghosts that I don't use. That probably doesn't sound like much to some of you guys, but its enough for me, at least without being able to try before buying.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Buzz View Post
    Thanks for all that digging into headphones, vferrari! I will try the full resets later once everything is charged up. I don't think I will be buying any more phones though. I already have two pair for the Deus and a pair of Gray Ghosts that I don't use. That probably doesn't sound like much to some of you guys, but its enough for me, at least without being able to try before buying.
    I don't think you need to go get those either but you were sounding really down on them so I thought I would put those options out there for you and perhaps others with EQX 600's might find something they can use.

us
    Jul 2013
    Midwest
    Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
    897 times
    Sometimes it takes a few seconds to pair, but works better if the ear buds are on then turn on the nox.. I used them most of the weekend.. worked great..

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green View Post
    Sometimes it takes a few seconds to pair, but works better if the ear buds are on then turn on the nox.. I used them most of the weekend.. worked great..
    Yeah, but I'm not talking about a few seconds. I'm talking about nothing after a minute or two.

One thing that I'm keeping an eye on... too early to say for sure, but it looks as though my On button on the phones may be getting stuck. I flick it with my thumbnail and I think it seems to be popping back out, but the movement is so small that Im not even sure that's what is happening. Still, if you're someone that is having the pairing issue, check that button.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    4231 times
    If that button is actually getting stuck then it will put your phones in pairing mode or even reset your phones and that could be the issue. But yeah, those buttons are not good (no tactile feedback because they don't move much) and the tiny LEDs are invisible in the sunlight.
    Iron Buzz likes this.

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    If that button is actually getting stuck then it will put your phones in pairing mode or even reset your phones and that could be the issue. But yeah, those buttons are not good (no tactile feedback because they don't move much) and the tiny LEDs are invisible in the sunlight.
    I'm beginning to believe that this is indeed the problem. The last three times out, I made sure the button was out after turning the phones on, then turned on the detector, and was connected in mere seconds.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    4231 times
    If that button is hosed, have ML send you a replacement pair under warranty.

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    1015 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    If that button is hosed, have ML send you a replacement pair under warranty.
    I think its just poor design and could happen to any set. The difference between the stuck position and the fully released position is hardly noticeable by eye. ML should have designed their own headsets. I think they would have done a better job (at least, I hope so). I suppose I should return them just to make them aware of the problem, though.

ca
    Dec 2015
    Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
    221 times
    not sure what all the hubbub is about...all headphones have a pair of speakers,one for each ear. do people really have that much dif∑fi∑cul∑ty placing headphones on...
    just rem its one per ear...you can't go wrong
    Reading a manual can make you look real smart
    Not reading a manual...can just make you look not so smart.
    Telling people you can't read on a forum....just makes you look stupid.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    3327 times
    Just bought the miccus BT stealth s71 headphones for my equinox 600 and they work beautifully. Thanks Vferrari.
    vferrari likes this.

us
    Aug 2007
    Western New York
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800
    1147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrokon View Post
    I don't know if it makes a difference which is turned off 1st, but I always allow the 800 to completely boot up before powering up the wireless headphones. I haven't had connection issues since I started doing this.... Hope this helps.
    This is what I do and never had a problem.... yet.
    Desertrokon and sprailroad like this.

WhyMe

CTX-3030, Equinox 800

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    7709 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuceye View Post
    not sure what all the hubbub is about...all headphones have a pair of speakers,one for each ear. do people really have that much dif∑fi∑cul∑ty placing headphones on...
    Fuceye
    Really? If you do not have anything worth while to bring to the table please just stay away.
    Do you understand what I am saying?
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fuceye View Post
    Not all headphones are the same, nor do all HPs fit the same. Some have pezio speakers and no resonating chambers and others have real speakers with resonating chambers.
    Some HPs fit over entire ear others barely cover the ears.
    Some HPs have small head bands others have large, different HPs fit differently, not really that

Highly recommend you follow TnMnts suggestion.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 12, 2018 at 06:30 PM.
    BladeRunner2019 and Iron Buzz like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links