Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I need some clarification. Can someone straighten me out on this? The manual didn't really help me out.

1), I learned (or believe I learned) the other day that any changes I make to one of the presets is automatically saved after I turn the machine off. Is that correct?

I see in the manual that I can return a preset to its default by a long press of the Mode button. Is this necessary if I have made experimental changes to settings for that preset? I had been messing with my Park 1 mode, and when I realized that I may have been detecting with those experimental changes unwittingly, I did a factory reset)

2)I thought there was just one User Profile setting. My buddy tells me that there is one for each of the 8 presets*. Is this correct?

(*Minelab says: "Each Detect Mode features 2 custom Search Profiles so you can save your favourite settings in each mode.")

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, I’ll try to help.
First look at your manual.
You’ll see global settings talked about.
These will float wih each detect mode as hou change detect modes.
Sensitivity is one example.

There are 2 means (different) to do reset on the detector.
A mode reset, will reset whatever mode you are currently in to default settings. SP comes in screen.
Then there is complete detector reset (all modes are rest and user profile mode (800 model). FP comes in screen.

User profile allows one set of settings, remember global settings will carry over.

For instance let’s say you save a detect mode and settings in user profile.
When younselect it, your settings will be there, along with global settings i. E sensitivity.

Now, when you ahut down your detector, don’t shut down while viewing/using user profile. Of you do you’ll lose your data.

If younshut down in non user profile mode, your user profile settings will remain intact.

I hope minelab by way of update fixes this .

I also wihs they wojkd do aawahnwith global settings as far as user profile is comcerned.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I need some clarification. Can someone straighten me out on this? The manual didn't really help me out.

1), I learned (or believe I learned) the other day that any changes I make to one of the presets is automatically saved after I turn the machine off. Is that correct?

I see in the manual that I can return a preset to its default by a long press of the Mode button. Is this necessary if I have made experimental changes to settings for that preset? I had been messing with my Park 1 mode, and when I realized that I may have been detecting with those experimental changes unwittingly, I did a factory reset)

2)I thought there was just one User Profile setting. My buddy tells me that there is one for each of the 8 presets*. Is this correct?

(*Minelab says: "Each Detect Mode features 2 custom Search Profiles so you can save your favourite settings in each mode.")

TNSS information is good and correct but I am not sure he answered your all your questions.

Regarding (1) - If you have changed settings on specific search profile mode for experimentation purposes, those changed settings will be saved until you change them again. If you want to get back to square one on Park 1, for instance, after changing to say 50 tones and iron bias to 0, you have three choices. You can manually change the settings back to the default (the default settings for each mode are listed in a table near the back of the manual), or you can long press the mode button while in that mode and reset just that mode, or you can long press power on power up and reset all the modes and all the global settings. Obviously, the last method is not convenient if you want to retain custom settings in other search profile modes. There is actually a 4th method, but it is the software bug that TNSS describes above. If you shut down the machine while you are in the saved User Profile mode, then all search profile modes will be reset to their defaults. I think ML is going to fix this in a future firmware update.

(2) - Your friend is mistaken. There is only a single User Profile memory slot in which you can store a customized search profile of any of the modes. This is more like a 9th customized memory slot if you count the fact that each mode can be custiomized but it is universal in that it can accommodate a custom version of ANY search profile mode. With some imagination is can be utilized in a number of ways. One way is if you want two customized versions of the same search profile say Park 1 Multi IQ and Park 1 Single Frequency or Park 1 with Iron Bias and Park 1 Without Iron Bias. This allows you to quickly switch between the two custom Park 1 Modes you created quickly, without having to change user settings in the settings menu. It is also a great way to experiment with custom modes if you don't want to lose the default settings in the mode. Change the settings in any mode and them save to the user profile, then you can reset the base mode back to the defaults using one of the first two methods described above. FInally, another great use of the user profile is to allow you to quickly switch between two favorite search profile modes rather than having to toggle through all the modes using the mode button. Say you want to search in Field 2 but want to interrogate a target in Park 2 mode. You would have to switch from Field 2 through the all the Beach and Gold modes and Park 1 before you got to Park 2 to do this. User profile allows you to instantly switch between Field 2 and Park 2 by saving a copy of Park 2 (customized as desired) in the User Profile slot.

Three things I dislike about the User Profile slot: The button placement is awkward requiring me to ground my coil to reach it (wish it were on the panel just like All Metal); the User Profile shut down bug is annoying, especially if you have a lot of customizations built into your modes, and, finally, I wish it existed on the 600.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the great answers, guys! That was very helpful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread